Cheapflights.co.uk, the UK’s leading flight price comparison website, applauds savvy penny savers and urges consumers to embrace their “inner cheap” by following celebrity examples including that our very own Prince William.
The Oxford Dictionary defines cheap as “worth more than its cost.” Sometimes, however, cheap “chic” can border on tacky. In the interest of protecting “Cheap’s” good name, Cheapflights.co.uk is outing the celebrities who’ve played their part in the cheapest moments of 2007.
1. Our beloved Prince William reportedly gave girlfriend Kate Middleton fake diamond earrings as a Christmas present. If you’d like to follow his lead but would rather treat your loved one to real diamonds, why not make a trip out of it and visit Antwerp, Belgium. Known as the Diamond City, it is one of the most famous destinations in the world for quality, well priced diamonds. Although, if your budget still doesn’t allow for diamonds have no fear as it also offers the best cubic zirconias in the world so you can imitate the royal prince down to a tee. Compare flight prices to Antwerp on Cheapflights.co.uk starting from £149 return including taxes and fees.
2. Socialite Paris Hilton reportedly “forgot” to pay a bill of approximately £100 for the self-storage unit she rented in Los Angeles. As a consequence, its contents, which apparently comprised diaries, photographs, contracts, and love letters, were put up for sale on the internet. For celeb spotting tips and other pursuits in Tinseltown, check out Cheapflights.co.uk’s Destination Guide to Los Angeles.
3. Actress and singer Jennifer Lopez, whose net worth is thought to be approximately £50-60 million, reportedly refused to pay more than £8,000 to a limousine company that rendered their services to hubby Marc Anthony, her stylist and her sister during the filming of the movie “El Cantante” in New York City. If you’d like to be chauffeured around New York City like the lovely Jennifer Lopez then check out Cheapflights’ Destination Guide to New York, but remember to pay your bill!
4. Lynne Spears is reported to have sold the story of her youngest daughter Jamie Lynn’s pregnancy to OK! Magazine for a large amount of money. If you fancy a snoop around the Spears neighbourhood in Kentwood, Louisiana then why not check out flights to New Orleans International Airport which is only 90 minutes away. Compare flight prices to New Orleans on Cheapflights.co.uk starting from £333 return including taxes and fees.
5. According to media reports, Hillary Swank, star of “Million Dollar Baby”, rang in the cash register when she cashed in a US$100 gift certificate at a CD store for a US$99.58 bill and then requested to be paid the remaining 42 cents in change! This reportedly created quite a palaver as the store manager was brought in just to open the cash register in order to pay her the coins. Swank spent her teens in Bellingham, Washington, a 90 minutes away from the Pacific Northwest’s largest city, Seattle – home of the famous TV show “Frasier”. Clearly it’s in vogue to be ‘cheap chic’, so take advantage and visit Cheapflights.co.uk’s Destination Guide to Seattle, also known as the Emerald City. But remember to do it in style and keep the chic in cheap.
For further information please contact:
Rooster PR: Petrina Bonnington-Evans
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7953 8774
Notes to Editors:
Cheapflights Ltd. Cheapflights pioneered flight price search and comparison in 1996 and has been profitable since launch. The Cheapflights flight price comparison model publishes over a million fares daily from hundreds of sources. This empowers price sensitive consumers to get an overview of flights prices, find the best deals and the companies that offer them. Once a deal is found, the Cheapflights user can click through to a price provider's site or in many cases telephone to the provider's call-centre.
In 2003 Cheapflights launched its successful US site www.cheapflights.com. It is estimated that last year circa US$1.8 Billion sales were achieved by advertisers through deals published on our UK and US sites. In 2006 Cheapflights invested in the early stage Icelandic flights global schedule search and flight planner site www.dohop.com and also launched HOWZAT media LLP, an investment fund for early stage and start-up dotcoms www.howzatmedia.com. In 2007 Cheapflights launched its Canadian site www.cheapflights.ca.
With nearly 6.0 million unique users globally a month, Cheapflights is a leader in flights deals information and continues to develop its unique and highly successful product. Cheapflights.co.uk took home Best Travel Site prize for 2007 at Website of the Year Awards, winning the accolade for the second consecutive year.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of ICrossing Ltd in the following categories: Entertainment & Arts, Travel, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.