Swinton offers advice to homeowners affected by earthquake
With many parts of the country waking up to damage caused by last night’s earthquake, the UK’s leading high street insurance retailer, Swinton is offering help and support for victims with advice on how to deal successfully with insurers to ensure their claims are settled in full.
Swinton is urging UK homeowners to get in touch with their local branch and take advantage of the advisers’ knowledge and experience when going through the claims process. The company has issued advice for people affected by earthquake damage – see below.
According to Swinton, people with household insurance often don’t realise that they have alternative accommodation cover in the event of a claim in case of emergencies such as when their homes are damaged by earthquakes.
Swinton’s head of home insurance, Angela Lyth said: “Freak weather and natural phenomenon are being experienced more and more in this country, and this means that people are more reliant on their insurance and when a person’s property is damaged, it is important for them to know what their options are.
“We can relieve the stress of having to claim due to property damage by liaising with the insurer on a customer’s behalf and even negotiate on the amount being offered in order to get you exactly what’s entitled. They can show you how to present your claim, ensuring that all the boxes are ticked and nothing is forgotten.”
Swinton’s trained advisers can advise customers where to get estimates from, check forms and show them what documents and receipts need to be used as evidence.
Swinton’s advice on making a successful earthquake claim
• Ring your insurer’s help line to report all damage
• Use a camera to film and record any damage – both the property and to your possessions
• Wait for the insurance company to give their approval before carrying out any repair work
• Take your time documenting everything that is damaged
• Do not dispose of any item until you are told by your insurer you are able to
• Get several quotes from firms recommended by your insurance firm, friends, family
• Beware of builders touting door-to-door. They may not be appropriately trained or qualified and only keen to exploit your vulnerability
• NEVER pay cash in advance
• Get signed receipts for all work done
Top most common earthquake claims
• Pipes becoming dislodged underground
• Cracks appearing in walls
• Subsistence of structures
• Pictures falling off walls
• Chimney pots and roof tiles becoming dislodged and falling onto other property
- ENDS -
For further information please contact Adele Mandy, Pete Wrathmell or Amy O’Toole at SKV PR on Tel: 0161 838 7770 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• With 455 branches nationwide Swinton is the largest high street insurance retailer
• Unlike many other companies in the financial services industry, Swinton is committed to keeping its branches open for business, and part of the community
• Swinton provides a one-stop-shop for the insurance and related needs of its clients, offering home, car, caravan, business, holiday, motorbike and even classic car insurance
• With a dedicated team of advisors on hand at every branch to search a panel of insurers to offer quality cover at competitive rates
• Swinton offers a ‘clicks and bricks’ approach to insurance - online prices with a high street presence.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of ICrossing Ltd in the following categories: Home & Garden, Environment & Nature, Construction & Property, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.