• Restaurant Martin Wishart has gained an international reputation for its exquisite cuisine and has been invited to and visited to cook in New York, Copenhagen, Singapore, Holland, Greece and Ireland. He has also attended popular food festival Taste of Edinburgh in 2007.
• Martin joined The Herald Magazine in 2006 and writes for their weekly Saturday food recipe column.
Happy to arrange restaurant reviews, demos, supplier information etc just email me!
Restaurant Martin Wishart
Restaurant Martin Wishart has gained an international reputation for its exquisite cuisine.
Martin Wishart and his wife Cecile opened Restaurant Martin Wishart in March 1999 in Edinburgh’s Port of Leith and it has quickly developed an enviable reputation, earning a host of accolades. The restaurant serves modern French cuisine, which is produced using the finest, freshest ingredients.
Martin uses modern techniques and has developed his own unique style of cooking that combines classical traditions with light, unique flavours. Lobster and smoked haddock soufflé and roast halibut with pig’s trotters are among the dishes that are frequently found on the menu. Both an A La Carte and a seven course Tasting Menu are available. Uniquely, Restaurant Martin Wishart also serves a separate vegetarian A la Carte and seven course Tasting Menu. These change regularly and feature only the best seasonal ingredients, organic where possible which are carefully sourced from over 40 regular suppliers. The restaurant maintains a varied cellar containing more than 400 wines from both the new and old world regions. Each wine is personally selected and updated to ensure vintages complement the cuisine.
Martin’s accomplished kitchen team comprises of 10 chefs, including himself, and eight front of house staff headed up by restaurant Managers Steven Spear and Steven Strachan.
Martin Wishart gave Edinburgh its first Michelin Star in 2001 and, more recently, the title of Scottish Chef of the Year 2006 and the EatScotland Gold Award in May 2007. In September 2005, Restaurant Martin Wishart was awarded its 4th AA Rosette as well as Scottish Restaurant of the Year by the Good Food Guide for the second time and in 2007 was ranked 15th in the UK out of 40 restaurants and highest rated Scottish restaurant. He joined The Herald Magazine as their weekly food columnist in April 2006 and provides recipes and food features for the publication. During his career Edinburgh-born chef Martin Wishart has worked with chefs such as Albert Roux, Marco Pierre White, John Burton-Race and Nick Nairn in restaurants including The Grand Hotel in Amsterdam, The Restaurant Marco Pierre White and Le Gavroche.
Restaurant Martin Wishart specialises in exclusive outside events, Wishart’s Dining, where a personal chef and waiting staff will come to your home to prepare and serve lunch or dinner. Martin also has his own brand gourmet Shetland Isles smoked salmon which is distributed by Campbells Prime Meats and is also available online www.martin-wishart.co.uk.
Martin is also one of the organizers and judges of The Scottish Food Scholarship www.scottishfoodscholarship.co.uk which made its debut in 2006 and aims to develop the skills of young culinary talent in Scotland.
- Restaurant Martin Wishart has received the following accolades:
- Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year award – Scottish Licence Trade News 2007
- Good Food Guide 8/10 2007, 2008
- Highest Scottish Restaurant Rating (15th) The Good Food Guide 2008
- Scottish ‘Chef of the Year’ in Scottish Chef Awards 2006
- Good Food Guide ‘Scottish Restaurant of the Year’ 2005 and 2001
- Awarded 4 rosettes in AA Restaurant Guide 2005
- Winner of CIS ‘Culinary Excellence Restaurant of the Year’
and ‘Chef of the Year’ 2004
- Booker Prize 2002 – Best young Catering Business in the UK
- Awarded first Michelin star in January 2001
- Winner of Which? Magazine’s Scottish Restaurant of the Year, 2001
0131 311 7050 0r mobile 07770 366 597
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Crimson Edge PR Ltd in the following categories: Men's Interest, Leisure & Hobbies, Women's Interest & Beauty, Food & Drink, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.