17th March 2008
Driving test changes spell good news for young drivers
In response to the news that the DVLA is toughening up driving tests, the UK’s leading high street insurance retailer, Swinton hails this as a genuine breakthrough for young drivers.
Chris Collings, Insurer Development Director at Swinton said: “The long-term effects of the DVLA’s announcement will be felt positively in years to come, as making provisions to ensure that our nation’s new drivers are safer on the roads will be reflected in the cost of premiums all round.
“A more rigorous driving test will see the need for young drivers to gain more knowledge and experience before they venture out alone, and this will hopefully result in fewer accidents. Young drivers are seen as one of the highest risk groups on the roads, and measures such as these will have a positive impact on the general standard of British driving.”
Other measures can be taken to ensure that young drivers get a better deal when it comes to car insurance, and Swinton work closely with the insurance industry to provide graduates of the Pass Plus scheme with discounts of up to 35 per cent on their first year’s premium.
The Pass Plus course is specifically designed to give newly qualified drivers experience, more confidence and to improve planning and anticipation skills. The course consists of six specially designed driver training modules including driving in all weathers, in and out of towns, motorway driving and driving at night.
Chris Collings continued: “We recognise how difficult it can be to get a foot on the ladder when it comes to insurance, and are very proud to be able to offer such an excellent discount to our young drivers through the Pass Plus scheme, and the DVLA’s initiative will strengthen our ability to offer better deals to young drivers.”
For further information please contact Adele Mandy, Pete Wrathmell or Amy O’Toole at SKV PR on Tel: 0161 236 9909 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· With 455 branches nationwide Swinton is the largest high street insurance broker
· Unlike many other companies in the financial services industry, Swinton is committed to keeping its branches open for business, and part of the community
· Swinton provides a one-stop-shop for the insurance and related needs of its clients, offering home, car, caravan, business, holiday, motorbike and even classic car insurance
· With a dedicated team of advisors on hand at every branch to search a panel of insurers to offer quality cover at competitive rates
· Swinton offers a ‘clicks and bricks’ approach to insurance - online prices with a high street presence.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of SKV Communications Ltd in the following categories: Personal Finance, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.