Office environment key to staff motivation
• 49% say an office makeover would increase their productivity.
• More than half would be more organised and enjoy work more in a better office.
• 43% embarrassed by current offices.
• Friendly co-workers and good lighting key.
A pleasant working environment is key to getting the most out of employees, according to a survey of over 100 London office staff by Metro Design Consultants: Only 21% described their current workspace as modern and functional, while 47% claimed their offices were in need of a revamp.
Almost half (49%) said that an office makeover would increase their productivity and more than half thought a better working environment would make them more organised (64%) and enable greater job satisfaction (62%).
Forty-three percent are embarrassed by the current state of their offices when clients and suppliers visit, and the most important factors contributing to a pleasant working environment were (as ranked in the top three):
• Friendly co-workers (70%)
• Good lighting (40%)
• Comfortable desk chair (38%)
• Flexible working options (38%)
According to employees, the effects of the working environment permeate into other business areas, impacting the ability to win new clients (40%), client / customer relations (36%), staff morale (57%) and staff retention (43%).
Unsurprisingly, when it comes to attracting new staff, the office environment is key – a significant 57% of employees questioned said that it would affect their decision to accept a job offer.
Daniel Taylor, Managing Director of Metro Design Consultants comments:
“The office environment says a lot about a business and can give clues as to how professional it is, and the general attitude of staff and management. A thoughtfully-designed space, with attention to the ergonomic details, will no doubt rub off on employees, helping to make them more proficient and hence more valuable to the business.”
Further information from:
Rita Vail/Annette Maylam, Vail & Associates
T: 020 7738 0722 E: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Summary of key findings:
• Sample size: 141
• Industries: includes sales, education, marketing, research, public sector, charity, financial services, construction.
• Company size: 2 – 500 people
• Is your office space modern & functional: 21%
• Is your office space in need of a revamp: 47%
• Will an office makeover increase productivity: 49%
• Well-designed office = more organised: 64%
• Well-designed office = greater job satisfaction: 62%
• Embarrassed by current office: 43%
• Top factors for pleasant working environment (as ranked in top three):
o Friendly co-workers: 70%
o Good lighting: 40%
o Comfortable desk chair: 38%
o Flexible working options 38%
o Competitive salary: 28%
o Clean toilets: 28%
o Latest technology: 21%
• The effects of a working environment impact:
o Ability to win new business: 40%
o Client relations: 36%
o Staff morale: 57%
o Staff retention: 43%
o Absenteeism: 11%
o Decision to accept new role: 57%
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Vail & Associates in the following categories: Business & Finance, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.