17th April 2008
Over 55 Hotels Worldwide Participating in “The Giving Room” Preferred Hotel Group’s Second Annual GIFTTS Program
Involvement in Global Philanthropic Program Benefiting Local Charities
Nearly Triples from Previous Year; Available May 1 – August 31, 2008
Preferred Hotel Group, in cooperation with participating member hotels and resorts, announced today that 56 member hotels worldwide will participate in this year’s “The Giving Room,” more than triple that from last year. From May 1 through August 31, for every night a hotel’s designated “Giving Room” is occupied, 10 per cent of the selected room or suite’s revenue will be donated to the hotel’s charity of choice. At the conclusion of the program, donations will be matched by funds from the Ueberroth Family Foundation.
“The Giving Room” is an outgrowth of Preferred Hotel Group’s GIFTTS program which stands for Great Initiatives for Today’s (Tomorrow’s) Society, a recognition initiative launched in August 2006. Designed to acknowledge and encourage socially responsible actions by member hotels and employees in the areas of philanthropy, environment and community service (www.phggiftts.com), GIFTTS applauds great ideas for effecting positive change at the local level.
“In honor of Preferred Hotel Group’s 40th Anniversary, our goal for this year’s “Giving Room” program was to enlist participation from at least 40 members worldwide,” said John Ueberroth, Chairman and CEO, Preferred Hotel Group. “Once again our members have risen to the occasion. We are humbled to see the global dedication to philanthropic endeavors both by our members and their guests.”
In its inaugural year, “The Giving Room” raised nearly $20,000 in total donations for charitable organizations in seven countries and generated nearly $100,000 in room revenue for participating hotels. From India to Peru, the United States to the Netherlands, the 2008 “Giving Room” program will provide aide to communities in 18 countries around the globe. One hotel group in particular, the Eden Hotel Group has committed all 16 of its hotels in the Netherlands to the program.
“At the Eden Hotel Group, we always try act responsibly and in the best interest of our guests, hotels, environment and our staff,” said Frans Wientjes, Director of Operations, Eden Hotel Group. “This initiative from Preferred Hotel Group exactly matches our own objectives and social responsibility goals. As a group we will support one charity – The Hunger Project. “The Giving Room” enables us to achieve awareness as well as funds for The Hunger Project. And the fact that the Ueberroth Family Foundation doubles the outcome is just wonderful.”
Members’ charitable choices span the globe and include projects such as Singapore’s ‘Community Chest’ and ‘Seva Mandir,’ a volunteer organization in Rajasthan, India that assists in the development of rural and tribal issues. In the United States, charities such as the Clearwater Marine Aquarium of Clearwater, Florida and the Susan B. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation are among the designated beneficiaries.
“We consider that it is everyone’s responsibility to help others grow in our global economy,” said Bruno Chiaruttini, Director of Sales & Marketing at the
Majestic Hotel Group.
"The Majestic Hotel Group with its emblematic hotels in Barcelona and Paris is participating once again in the Giving Room initiative undertaken by the Preferred Hotel Group. We have decided to support again this year Intermon Oxfam who has been conducting programs in communities around the world focusing on long term development mainly through work and education.”
The following is the list of participating members by region and their selected charities:
Europe, Middle East and Africa
• Amsterdam American Hotel, Amsterdam, Netherlands, The Hunger Project
• Dromoland Castle, County Clare, Ireland, Irish Cancer Society
• Eden Amsterdam Centre Hotel, Amsterdam, Netherlands, The Hunger Project
• Eden Hotel Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands, The Hunger Project
• Eden Lancaster Hotel, Amsterdam, Netherlands, The Hunger Project
• Eden Rembrandt Square Hotel, Amsterdam, Netherlands, The Hunger Project
• Eden Babylon Hotel Den Haag, Netherlands, The Hunger Project
• Eden Crown Hotel, Eindhoven, Netherlands, The Hunger Project
• Eden Dish Hotel, Enschede, Netherlands, The Hunger Project
• Eden Hotel de Broeierd, Enschede, Netherlands, The Hunger Project
• Eden City Hotel, Groningen, Netherlands, The Hunger Project
• Eden Star Hotel, Hengelo, Netherlands, The Hunger Project
• Eden Oranje Hotel, Leeuwarden, Netherlands, The Hunger Project
• Eden Hotel La Bergère, Maastricht, Netherlands, The Hunger Project
• Eden Savoy Hotel, Rotterdam, Netherlands, The Hunger Project
• Eden Hotel Zutphen, Zutphen, Netherlands, The Hunger Project
• Eden Hotel Emmen, Emmen, Netherlands, The Hunger Project
• Hotel Majestic, Barcelona, Spain, Intermon Oxfam
• Hotel Montalembert, Paris, France, Orphelinat d’Afrique
• Hotel Murmuri Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain, Intermon Oxfam
• Hotel Plaza Opera, Palermo, Italy, Association for Cancer Research
• Hotel Wellington, Madrid, Spain, Spanish Association Against Cancer
• myhotel Bloomsbury, London, England, UK Leukemia Research UK
• myhotel Chelsea, London, England, UK, Leukemia Research UK
• Devi Garh, Rajasthan, India Seva Mandir
• Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, National Cancer Society
• Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta, Indonesia, Yayasan Pembinaan Anak Cacat
• The Landmark Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand, Red Cross Charity (Based in Thailand)
• Parkyard Hotel, Shanghai, China The Shanghai Community Center
• Royal Park Hotel, Tokyo, Japan, Institute of Greening Tokyo of Tokyo Metropolitan
• Royal Plaza on Scotts, Singapore, Community Chest
• The Panglin Hotel Shenzhen, Shenzhen, China, Yu Panglin Society Welfare Association
• Alden Houston, Houston, TX, USA UNICEF
• The Beverly Heritage Hotel, Milpitas, CA, USA, Milpitas Fire Fighters Toy Program
• The Charles Hotel, Cambridge, MA, USA The Guidance Center, Inc.
• The Colonnade Hotel, Boston, MA, USA, Camp Harbor View
• Delfines Hotel and Casino, Lima, Peru Los Delfines Research Center
• Ginn Reunion Resort, Reunion, Florida, USA First Book
• Hotel Sorrento, Seattle, WA, USA, The Swedish Foundation
• Huntley Santa Monica Beach, Santa Monica, CA, USA Cedars Sinai Board of Governors Center for Cancer Research
• The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa, Houston, TX, USA, End Hunger Network
• Metropolitan Hotel Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada, Toronto Hospital for Sick Children
• One Ocean Resort Hotel & Spa, Atlantic Beach, FL, USA, St. Judes Children's Research
• Peter Island Resort, B.V.I., Virgin Islands Search & Rescue (VISAR) and Kids And The Sea (KATS)
• Quinta Real Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes, Mexico, Fundacion Amparo
• Quinta Real Guadalajara, Jalisco, Guadalajara, Mexico, Fundacion Amparo
• Quinta Real Saltillo, Coahuila, Saltillo, Mexico, Fundacion Amparo
• Quinta Real Acapulco, Guerrero, Acapulco, Mexico, Fundacion Amparo
• Quinta Real Huatulco, Oaxaca, Huatulco, Mexico, Fundacion Amparo
• Quinta Real Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Monterrey, Mexico, Fundacion Amparo
• Quinta Real Villahermosa, Tabasco, Villahermosa, Fundacion Amparo
• Quinta Real Zacatecas, Zacatecas Mexico, Fundacion Amparo
• The Sandpearl Resort, Clearwater Beach, FL, USA, Clearwater Marine Aquarium
• SoHo Metropolitan, Toronto, ON, Canada, Toronto Hospital for Sick Children
• Topnotch Resort and Spa, Stowe, VT, USA, North Country Animal League of Morrisville, VT
• Waikiki Parc, Honolulu, HI, USA, Susan B. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
For more information on participating hotels or to book “The Giving Room”, guests may visit www.phggiftts.com or call 1.866.990.9491.
About Preferred Hotel Group™
Celebrating 40 years of excellence, Preferred Hotel Group is proud to be a global leader in the hospitality industry, delivering high-performance sales, marketing and technology solutions to more than 600 independent hotels and resorts in over 65 countries. Its family of brands represents a collection of the finest hotels in the world and include: Preferred Hotels® & Resorts (www.preferredhotels.com), Preferred Boutique™ (www.preferredboutique.com), Summit Hotels & Resorts™ (www.summithotels.com), Sterling Hotels™ (www.sterlinghotels.com) and Historic Hotels of America® (www.historichotels.org). For more information please visit www.preferredhotelgroup.com.
In Fall 2007, the company entered the luxury real estate market with the launch of Preferred Residences™ – a membership and exchange program for luxury shared ownership resorts that provide an exceptional level of service and amenities. Properties are held to exacting standards derived from the same Preferred Global Standards of Excellence™ on which the company has built its 40-year heritage in the hospitality industry.
For more information please visit www.preferredresidences.com.
Middleton & Gendron, Inc.
Tel: +1 212 980 9231
Fax: +1 212 759 6521
Tel: +44 (0)20 8332 9690
For high resolution imagery of our properties, please visit the Preferred Hotel Group Image Library at www.preferredhotelgroup.com/press.htm.
# # #
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Lucre Marketing Ltd in the following categories: Entertainment & Arts, Leisure & Hobbies, Travel, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.