-RDA Organic Juices in spill-proof packs get seal of approval from kids and parents-
RDA Organic (http://www.rdaorganic.com), the UK’s fastest growing organic drinks producer, successfully introduced two ‘firsts’ at the recent Food & Drink Expo 2008 and the Natural & Organic Products Show*.
The UK’s first chilled organic kids drinks - RDA Organic Sqqquishy smoothie and Squeeezy juice – contain only 100% pure organic fruit. Increasing the family-appeal, the packaging for the new range is a first in the UK market, featuring a patented automatic closure valve that makes the packaging virtually spill proof, simple to use, hassle-free for parents, and fun for kids.
Following more than 12 months of research and development, RDA Organic has responded to demands from parents for honestly priced, real fruit juices made from organic fruit without additives or concentrates.
Addressing a gap in the market for a trustworthy, credible brand with high kid and parent appeal, RDA Organic Sqqquishy smoothie (blackcurrant, apple and banana) and Squeeezy juice (mango, apple and orange) were developed to provide kids with one portion of their daily fruit requirement and their RDA (recommended daily allowance) of vitamin C. In line with the entire RDA Organic product range, the fruit used is 100% premium organic grade and certified by the Soil Association. The entire chilled range contains no added sugar, no added water, no concentrates, colours or preservatives and importantly for kids – no ‘bits’.
The unique packaging format offers parents additional value: children are encouraged to ‘squeeeze’ or ‘sqqquish’ the pack to drink the juice. If the drink is dropped or put down it won’t leak making it perfect for the lunchbox and even in the back of the car on the way to school. RDA Organic Squeeezy and Sqqquishy adhere to government school standards and are lunchbox and vending machine friendly, making them the convenient and healthy option for children.
Patrick O’Flaherty, managing director of RDA Organic, said: “The overwhelmingly positive response from retailers and other manufacturers at the Food & Drink Expo reinforced our belief that now is the perfect time to launch our new kids range. We have built up great brand recognition among consumers and there are increasing calls for real, honest, tasty products that are made from 100% organic fruit rather than concentrates and artificial additives. The spill-proof packaging adds further value to the proposition, which is already making a valuable addition to the chilled juice and lunchbox sectors within stores across the country.”
RDA Organic Sqqquishy smoothies and Squeeezy juices are conveniently packed in multipacks of four and are currently stocked in Waitrose and Ocado.com, as well as various independent chains in the UK (from April 2008 the RDA Organic range is also available in Ireland).
Notes to editors:
For further information or samples, to request an interview with RDA Organic or receive images please contact: George Corbin on 0870 8338732 or email george@RDAorganic.com or contact Helen Lewis at email@example.com (020 8771 1212 / 07904 801669).
The organic sector is one of the fastest growing areas in the UK food and drinks sector. In 2006, the Soil Association’s ‘Organic Market Report 2007’ stated that retail sales of organic products were worth an estimated £2.2 billion, demonstrating an incredible 22% annual rise. The report also stated that two in three shoppers knowingly buy organic food and 44% of shoppers like to buy ‘distinctive’ organic brands. Direct retail sales of organic products (organic box, mail order schemes etc) increased by 53% on the previous year.
*RDA Organic exhibited at the Food & Drink Expo in Birmingham NEC, April 6-9, 2008. http://www.foodanddrinkexpo.co.uk/ and the Natural & Organic Products Show, Olympia, London, April 13-14, 2008 http://www.naturalproducts.co.uk.
• RDA Organic products are 100% pure - no sugar, no artificial sweeteners, no added water, no preservatives and no flavourings – nothing added, nothing taken away. These ingredients all combine to give it an award winning taste.
• RDA Organic uses only the highest quality 100% organic fruit sourced from around the world according to season and availability.
• The RDA in RDA Organic stands for Recommended Daily Allowance and each bottle provides the full recommended daily allowance of Vitamin C and contributes to the daily requirement of five pieces of fruit and vegetables.
• RDA Organic won the UK's Best Soft Drink at the Organic Food Awards. On taste alone RDA Organic has won 12 other awards including four Golds at the Great Taste Awards.
• RDA Organic won the UK’s Most Healthy and Ethical Product at the Excellence in Food and Drink Awards 2005 and was a finalist in 2 categories for 2006.
• Our smoothie range – ‘The UK's only fresh, pure, organic smoothie’ were finalists at the 'World Juice Innovation Awards' in 2005 and again in 2006.
• RDA Organic has also been awarded two environmental awards, most recently been awarded the title of ‘Most Environmentally Friendly Business’ by Wandsworth Council, one of the UK’s leading green boroughs.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of food&drink towers in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Health, Women's Interest & Beauty, Food & Drink, Media & Marketing, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.