Going green seems to be at the forefront of every lifestyle choice now; from recycling waste, to energy saving light bulbs, through to the car you drive. But following panic over global warning, the introduction of the Low Emission Zone (LEZ) in London, and the recent announcement by Chancellor Alistair Darling that cars with higher emissions will face higher road tax, choosing a green car has never been so important to road users in the UK.
The term 'Carbon Footprint' has rapidly become part of our vocabulary over the past couple of years through frequent use by everyone from environmental campaigners to MPs; and while we all understand that everything has one and the smaller it is the better, working out what your actual effect on the environment is and finding realistic options to decrease it can often be a source of confusion. That’s why Parker's has introduced its 'Carbon Footprint Calculator'. By taking just a few seconds to enter the make and model of your vehicle, plus the miles you travel every day, Parker's calculates the carbon footprint of your car, giving you the units of CO2 that you are producing per year.
While those who are passionate about pollution may be pleased to discover they are already driving a low emission motor, for everyone else the revolutionary tool not only provides you with the carbon facts about your current car, but also suggests greener alternatives along with reviews, ratings, depreciation values and all the buying and selling information you need should you be looking to switch to a more eco-friendly model.
Parker's - Britain's leading source of car buying advice - has recently launched an entire new section of its website – parkers.co.uk – dedicated to providing drivers with all the up to date information on going green. As well as the Carbon Footprint Calculator, Parker's also offer an online choosing tool, which enables anyone who is looking to buy a new car the chance to select a vehicle that has the exact specifications they need. The Choosing Tool allows buyers to go online and enter anything from 'environmentally friendly' right through to the required space and features. The idea is to aid buyers who are looking to make an informed choice about their next car by giving them options, then doing the searching for them. As there has never been a time when there have been so many important factors to consider when buying a car, the Carbon Footprint Calculator and Parker’s Car Choosing Tool offer a unique and invaluable service.
If you'd like to learn more about the impact your car is having on the environment, or are looking to switch to a greener model, then log on to www.parkers.co.uk today for the most comprehensive information from Britain’s biggest and best car price guide.
For further information please contact:
Victoria McGovern/Nikola Oakey at the Parker's Press Office, the JJ Group
T: +44 (0)1865 343100
E: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Notes to Editors:
• Parker's was established 35 years ago with the aim of making car buying easy. Parker's Car Price Guide is Britain’s biggest and best selling car price guide.
• The Parker's website, www.parkers.co.uk was set up in January 1999 with the aim of helping the motorist to choose the right car at the right price. The website is visited by 1,034,202 people every month .
• The Parker's team of independent experts analyse 1.5 million car sales every year from dealers, private sales and auctions. We value more cars, with greater accuracy and are more trusted by more people than any other price guide you can buy.
• Parker's is owned and published by Bauer Consumer Media Ltd, part of the Bauer Publishing Group following acquisition from Emap on 31 January 2008, is a brand-led, multi-platform media organisation, with interests spanning magazines, TV, mobile and internet.
• H. Bauer Publishing is the largest publisher in the UK and the largest privately owned publisher in Europe. Founded in Hamburg in 1875 by Johann Bauer, the company has been managed by the Bauer family since its inception; Heinz Bauer is the fourth subsequent family member, managing the entire group.
• The Bauer Publishing Group is a worldwide media empire offering over 200 magazines in 14 countries, as well as TV and radio stations
• For Bauer Consumer Media magazine subscriptions & gift offers visit http://www.greatmagazines.co.uk/
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of ICrossing Ltd in the following categories: Men's Interest, Women's Interest & Beauty, Environment & Nature, Motoring, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.