EMBARGOED UNTIL 00:00 13th May 2008
* Birmingham’s most iconic building is soon to be revealed in all of its new glory, by visionary developer, Urban Splash
* A total transformation of the city’s famous cylindrical tower into 234 breathtaking apartments: one and two bed, city pads, duplexes with terraces and penthouses
* REVEALED! Three newly created townhouses in the sky now available for sale
* International award-winning practice, Glenn Howell Architects, has redesigned the building
* Documentary, photography exhibition and coffee table book, 21 Stories, being launched to tell the human tale of Rotunda.
Possible themes for journalists:
* 60s architecture reinvented
* The broad end of the wedge - living life in the round
* Vertically challenging – the tower reborn
* Filing cabinets turn top drawer – morphing offices into apartments
* Slice of city life – fully glazed apartments provide unique urban views in central location
* Regeneration and renewal of loved landmarks
* Magic and logic exemplified – architectural insight into the reinvention of a cylindrical office block
* Skyline icons reborn
* Staying Cool – experience your own temporary slice of Rotunda in a sublime serviced apartment
* COMMUNism - treatment of communal spaces – inside and out
* Construction challenges – vertical reinvention in a city centre location.
Print, broadcast and online packages available, including:
* Before and after photography
* Case studies – variety of profiles of buyers
* Available for photo shoots
* Video of Rotunda 21 Stories and audio stories of those whose lives have been touched by Rotunda http://www.newrotunda.co.uk
* Journalist stays in the hip lushness of Staying Cool’s service apartments at Rotunda
* Interviews with Nathan Cornish, MD of Urban Splash Midlands, Glenn Howells of Glenn Howells Architects, James Roberts (Rotunda’s original architect).
- ENDS -
Giraffe Communications on 0121 214 1530
Claire Connolly m 07789 558 523 email@example.com
Sarah Hughes m 07712 784 859 firstname.lastname@example.org
Rotunda Facts rounded up!
* Rotunda was built in the 1960s and opened in 1965
* Rotunda was designed to finish the curve of Smallbrook Ringway
* Rotunda stands at 81m tall or 265ft
* Rotunda has 21 floors overlooking the city centre
* Rotunda survived a bombing in 1974 and the threat of demolition in 1993
* Rotunda is Grade II listed by English Heritage
* Rotunda is situated on the top of a hill
ABOUT URBAN SPLASH
Since Tom Bloxham MBE and Jonathan Falkingham founded Urban Splash in 1993, from a standing start and financed entirely through the re-investment of profits, the company has created over 3,000 new jobs, 1,000 new homes and half million square feet of commercial space.
Urban Splash is currently investing over £1 billion in regeneration projects across the country, including: Castlefield, Manchester; New Islington, the third Millennium Community at East Manchester; Altrincham, Cheshire; Ropewalks, Liverpool City Centre; Royal William Yard, Plymouth; Lister Mills, Bradford and the Midland Hotel, Morecambe.
In the West Midlands, Urban Splash has delivered the award-winning commercial space, Fort Dunlop http://www.fortdunlop.com. It is also working on Waterfront, Walsall, a large scheme comprising retail, leisure and office space.
To find out more about Urban Splash, visit http://www.urbansplash.co.uk.
ABOUT GLENN HOWELLS ARCHITECTS
Glenn Howells Architects was established in 1990 and over the last 18 years, has built a track record as one of the foremost design led architectural practices in the UK.
With offices in Birmingham and London, Glenn Howells Architects has won a number of major design competitions and has received over 50 awards for projects ranging from cultural buildings, housing to larger scale urban mixed-use developments. In 2007, the Savill Building for The Crown Estate was short listed for the RIBA Stirling Prize.
Underpinning the practice is a commitment to achieving high quality projects at low cost through innovation and construction. The practice’s approach is based on understanding this vision and clients’ detailed needs and basing designs on the principles of simplicity, attention to detail and intelligent use of materials. http://www.glennhowells.co.uk
ABOUT STAYING COOL
For those who missed out on the chance to buy an apartment, hip serviced apartment operator, Staying Cool, offers 15 serviced apartments, including a penthouse suite spread across the top two floors of Rotunda. http://www.stayingcool.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Giraffe Communications in the following categories: Home & Garden, Construction & Property, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.