TOP ANSWERS TO TOUGH QUESTIONS
FROM LEADING CAREER TRANSITION COACH, JOHN LEES
April 2008 - We’ve all been there - heart pounding, dry mouth, anticipating that next ‘killer’ question that may come back to haunt us if we get it wrong… but help is at hand with the 2008 Edition of Job Interviews: Top Answers to Tough Questions (McGraw-Hill, £9.99, July 2008), from the UK's best-selling careers author, John Lees and New York careers author, Matthew J Deluca.
With job interviews undoubtedly one of life’s most stressful situations, careers strategist, Lees, and Deluca, president of the Management Resource Group Inc, have joined forces to create an indispensable guide to thriving in any interview situation and in any sector – whether you’re a first time job hunter, a career changer, a seasoned job seeker, or have a questionable career track record for whatever reason.
The 2008 Edition contains over 50% new material including:
• Comprehensive material on age discrimination and how candidates should answer difficult questions on age
• New material on unlawful and difficult questions, and how to respond
• Handling competency based questions
• New tips on using the Internet to support a job search and research in preparation for an interview
• Cross-references to material on job search and CV writing from John Lees’ other books
Top Answers to Tough Questions will guide you through every step of the interview process from:
Preparation – identifying your goals and job opportunities, landing the interview, researching the company and job role, and preparing both mentally and physically for the day.
The Interview itself – ask yourself, what do they really want to know? Uncovering the agenda behind the trickiest of questions and identifying the appropriate response.
Post Interview – how to follow up from a first interview, how to prepare for a second interview, how to successfully negotiate a job offer including your starting salary, and conversely, how to handle rejection.
Understanding the Interview Game: Getting Started; What Are You Looking For? Knowing Enough About Yourself and About the Employer; Winning Your Way to the Interview: Your First Step; Getting Your Message Across: Selling Yourself; Your Motivation and Career Aspirations: What You Want to Achieve; Prove IT! What Have you Done? and lastly, The Wrap-up and Finally – including the questions you should ask to make you shine in the eyes of the interviewer!
The authors also reveal that interview questions typically fall into the following six categories:
• Small Talk – breaking the ice
• Personal Questions – who are you
• Educational Questions – what do you know
• Experience Questions – what have you done
• Behaviour Questions – how are your people skills, and the final category
• Stress Questions – be especially prepared for these nightmare questions to assess whether you can take the heat
And, for readers needing a quick-fix solution if they have an interview in the very near future there is even a ‘fast track’ section which provides a basic toolkit on the all important top 20 questions to prepare for any interview.
Examples of some of the KILLER QUESTIONS you might come across and which are addressed in the book include:
• Have you been tempted to leave your current job before? If so, why did you decide to stay?
• How will you react if your present employer makes a counter-offer?
• What are your weaknesses?
• What has been the high point of your career? (a double-edged question!)
• Why were you made redundant?
• What is your relationship with your former employer?
• How do you define success?
With over 200 demanding, awkward and exacting interview questions answered, Job Interviews: Top Answers to Tough Questions is a practical, must-read guide to put you ahead of the competition, helping you think through the toughest of questions and to respond with total confidence when it really counts.
All publicity enquiries to Sue Blake Media on
0208 979 5220, 07966 538108, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Interviews: Top Answers to Tough Questions, Price £9.99
ISBN: 9780077119096 - July 2008
About the Authors:
John Lees is a leading British career coach and author of the best-selling books, How to Get a Job You’ll Love, Take Control of Your Career and Why You? CV Messages to Win Jobs. He is a regular contributor to The Times and Guardian and is a regular columnist for People Management from the CIPD. He is frequently invited to speak at conferences and training seminars and runs workshops across the UK, Europe, South Africa and the USA. His next major public event where he will be presenting and exhibiting will be at Forum 3 Volunteering & Recruiting event in October 2008 at the Business Design Centre in Islington.
Matthew J Deluca is president of New York based consulting firm Management Resource Group Inc, and author of How to Get a Job in 90 Days. Matthew regularly conducts workshops on career and job search and is frequently invited to speak on HR topics throughout the United States.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Sue Blake Media in the following categories: Men's Interest, Leisure & Hobbies, Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, Business & Finance, Education & Human Resources, Retail & Fashion, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.