Carbon Clear has been formally recognised as a global leader in the carbon offset market for the high quality of its offsets and carbon management consultancy. Out of all the organisations ENDS investigated world-wide, only 30 were recognised in its list of Quality Offset Providers, with 140 failing to make the grade.
The top 30 quality providers came from a range of organisation types across the globe but were united in their ability to meet the following criteria:
• The quality of the offset: all investments should be traceable to specifically named offset projects.
• Timing of delivery: carbon credits should have already been generated or be guaranteed to be delivered in the short-term.
• Emissions calculation: emissions savings are calculated and verified by official standards, for example ISO 14064 or from official DEFRA figures.
• Transparency: quality providers were judged to be transparent with regards to the credit source, quality of the offset, the timeline of its projects and pricing.
• Engagement and advice: the ENDS Guide also recognised the importance of broader climate change strategies and praised those carbon offset providers that also offer advice and management processes to reduce clients’ environmental impact.
• Other considerations included the breadth of projects in the organisation’s portfolio, levels of engagement with the projects and overall experience.
The respected environmental publisher created its guide to carbon offsets to provide readers an understanding of the offsetting process and how to identify providers that are committed to offering a quality service and operating responsibly.
Commenting on Carbon Clear’s inclusion, Mark Chadwick, CEO of Carbon Clear said: “I'm delighted that the ENDS Report has recognised Carbon Clear's commitment to high quality projects and advisory services. From the outset we have focused on delivering the highest standards and we're immensely gratified to see this hard work has been acknowledged by an industry leader such as the ENDS Report.”
For more information on Carbon Clear please contact Zoe Porteous or Juliette Fleming at Boutique Communications on 01273 699500 or email email@example.com.
Notes to editors:
Carbon Clear (www.carbon-clear.com) is a carbon management company that helps businesses and individuals to reduce their carbon impact. With offices in London and Paris, Carbon Clear is one of the largest independent firms operating in the carbon management sector.
Carbon Clear helps companies demonstrate a commitment to environmental responsibility by measuring corporate carbon footprints and advising on greenhouse gas emission reductions. In addition, Carbon Clear invests in carbon offset projects to cancel out the greenhouse gas pollution that is generated by activities such as travel, energy consumption, transportation and supply chain operations. Corporate customers include Eurostar, Multimap, Innocent Drinks, 3M and Computer Cab.
Carbon Clear is committed to a sustainable future and leads by example. As the first full service carbon management company with an ISO 14001 certified environmental management system, the company works to measure and continuously improve all aspects of its own environmental performance.
As an ethical business, Carbon Clear takes pains to ensure that its carbon offset projects provide verifiable environmental and social benefits. To qualify for funding, projects must:
• Provide independently verifiable emissions reductions,
• Demonstrate additionality using Clean Development Mechanism or Voluntary Carbon Standard rules, showing that the project would not have happened without carbon offset funding,
• Contribute to sustainable livelihoods benefits for participating communities,
• Form part of a diverse portfolio that represents a range of geographies and technology types. Carbon Clear’s target portfolio achieves 80% of emissions reductions from clean energy technologies (renewable and efficiency) and 20% from sustainable tree planting initiatives.
For further information visit: http://www.carbon-clear.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Boutique Communicatons in the following categories: Environment & Nature, Business & Finance, Media & Marketing, Manufacturing, Engineering & Energy, Transport & Logistics, Construction & Property, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.