PINoptic, the visual probabilistic one time password authentication security specialists, today announced the launch of ePINoptic, a direct response to the need for increased password security which also tackles the security risks caused by user behaviour. From logging in to an application or network via the internet to secure online banking, parental controls and e-commerce, PINoptic is an easy to integrate solution which requires no roll-out of additional hardware and only a small mental shift for users who are used to PIN or password based systems.
“As the PC and internet have become such a central part of our working and personal lives, all of us are required to carry around in our heads a plethora of passwords to access content or conduct transactions whilst online. This perhaps inevitably results in ‘password fatigue’ and so, lazily, many of us use the same passwords for a variety of different logins or write them down ‘somewhere safe’,” commented Colin Allison, CEO of PINoptc Ltd. “ePINoptic offers the solution to this by improving security for the user and the content provider without the need for additional hardware such as tokens or sleeves and requires only a small shift in user behaviour.”
ePINoptic is a simple, easy to integrate solution for online authentication that allows the user to have a memorable picture password which can be re-used and easily remembered. When the user wants to ‘login’ they are presented with an on-screen display where their pictures (amongst a variety of others) are shown to them and randomly associated with a set of numbers or letters. By entering the relevant letters or numbers connected to their pictures in the correct order they generate a one-time password each time.
Key benefits of ePINoptic include:
- Considerably more secure than simple passwords;
- PINoptic research shows that the majority of users are able to remember images better than numbers resulting in fewer password resets and reminders;
- Integration is truly flexible as an integrator can specify architecture and software split between server(s) and devices. This allows CIOs to dictate traffic levels.
- Pre-packaged PINoptic symbol-sets support ease of consumer understanding and ubiquity i.e. One password could be used for everything without compromising security levels and this prevents ‘password fatigue’ – single logon;
- No need to carry additional hardware making it more convenient than token based systems whilst providing similar levels of security;
- New symbol or image sets can be designed by the vendor/brand-owner for uniqueness or branding purposes;
- Symbol sets scale well for use on the plethora of internet enabled devices – PCs, laptops, PDAs, mobile phones etc;
- Uses images as well as numbers which means it passes the Turing test and cannot be cracked by computer programmes;
- API based software development toolkit allows for simple integration.
- ePINoptic solutions can be simply implemented and can be integrated in house without external contractors having access to servers.
PINoptic licenses the use of its software development kit which includes technical support, bespoke development training and customisable end-user training so that an authentication solution can be created to suit the installers’ needs and their unique IT/network environment.
Notes to Editors:
PINoptic applies its Visual Probabilistic One Time Password (VPOTP) next- generation software to high security authentication applications. This delivers an easy to implement yet innovative, universal security solution with the strength required by even financial institutions. PINoptic maintains user simplicity through the use of pictures and symbols which appeals to a global market with differing literacy levels. Applications range from financial through to internet, mobile telecoms, corporate IT and access control. PINoptic’s vision is to become a defacto security standard and replace 99% of existing pin and password systems by 2012.
Tel: +44 (0)7970 524239
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Fresh Start Marketing in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.