For immediate release: 10 May 2008
Exploding HRT and menopause myths
If you are going through the menopause, you’ll need to know how to manage your symptoms effectively. But with so many myths and misconceptions surrounding the menopause, especially HRT, it can be difficult to distinguish fact from fiction. Women need to be given the right information and advice, which is where The Menopause Exchange newsletters and information service play an important role.
In the Spring 2008 issue of The Menopause Exchange newsletter, GP Dr Sally Hope tells you what you really need to know about the menopause and HRT. Can HRT really cause weight gain? Can you get pregnant while taking HRT? And will your sex life suffer? These are just some of the common questions answered by one of the UK’s top menopause experts.
“Menopausal women are bombarded with information and it can be difficult to know what to believe,” says Norma Goldman, founder and director of The Menopause Exchange. “It is essential that women are given impartial advice, so that they make the right choices in deciding how to deal with their symptoms.”
The Menopause Exchange covers a wide range of subjects, like menopausal symptoms, HRT and its alternatives, nutrition, lifestyle and medical conditions (e.g. heart disease). It is completely independent – it is not sponsored by any companies and is funded purely by subscriptions from individuals and health professionals. Other articles in the Spring 2008 issue include emotional symptoms, osteoporosis testing and menopausal management for women with medical conditions (part 1). The Menopause Exchange has an Ask the Experts panel, information service and fact sheets specifically for members.
For more information on The Menopause Exchange, write to The Menopause Exchange at PO Box 205, Bushey, Herts WD23 1ZS, call 020 8420 7245, fax 020 8954 2783 or send an e-mail to email@example.com
NOTES FOR EDITORS
1. The Menopause Exchange Newsletter was launched in June 1999.
2. The founder and director of The Menopause Exchange is Norma Goldman, a pharmacist with a Master’s degree in health promotion. She gives talks on the menopause at organisations, workplaces, exhibitions, health clubs, pharmacies and other venues. Her daughter, Victoria, the editor of the newsletter, is an experienced health journalist with a BSc. degree in Biomedical Science and a Master’s degree in Science Communication.
3. The aim of The Menopause Exchange is to raise the awareness of the menopause among women, healthcare professionals (e.g. nurses and pharmacists) and complementary practitioners.
4. Topics covered in previous issues of the newsletter include: side effects of HRT; complementary therapies at the menopause; phytoestrogen and herb safety; osteoporosis treatments; memory problems; getting your libido back; anti-ageing beauty secrets; mood swings; and coping with a premature menopause.
5. UK annual membership (4 issues of the newsletter and regular fact sheets) costs £18 for individuals; £22 for local organisations; £40 for companies/national organisations; corporate (over 10 copies) and overseas memberships are available on request.
All press enquiries to Norma Goldman on 020 8420 7245
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of The Menopause Exchange in the following categories: Health, Medical & Pharmaceutical, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.