No more E-number induced hyperactivity after a party
13 May 2008, London – The days of sugary sweets, crisps and E-numbers at children’s parties are gone. Les Enfants, London-based upmarket children’s party specialists, has teamed up with Pomegranate Catering to offer a range of healthy and delicious party food that will keep both parents and children happy. This follows a survey conducted by Les Enfants last year which showed that 82.1% of mums felt that party food should include healthier treats.
Using only the freshest organic ingredients, the team makes food fun, tasty and visually appealing. The food is beautifully presented in picnic boxes, as a buffet or food stall. The imaginative menu includes strawberry and lemon cupcakes with choccy sprinkles, fruit smoothies, homemade fish fingers in an oat and rye crust, and baby carrot cake bites with orange and cinnamon icing to name but a few.
Food can also be tailored to fit a party theme. For example, at a recent Alice in Wonderland event, Les Enfants served Cheshire Cat cupcakes with strawberry and chocolate icing, Queen of Hearts jam tarts and drinks served in little teapots.
“Parties should feature food children will love, but that doesn’t mean it has to be chock-full of E-numbers and junk. With our inventive food menus, we’re helping children to enjoy the taste of real food made from fresh, natural ingredients that are good for them. Our yummy treats will have children and their parents wanting to tuck in,” says Katie Burnett, founder of Les Enfants.
The company can also cater food for a range of summer events from picnics in the park, to family fun days, corporate events and even specially prepared children’s food for weddings.
For more information, contact the Les Enfants events team on 020 8502 9988 or go to www.lesenfants.co.uk for further details and menus.
Notes for editors:
Sample menu and pricing
Children’s picnic boxes (non-organic) - £10 per child, (organic) - £13.50 per child
Ham and cheese sandwiches, Chicken finger sandwiches, Cucumber, carrot and red pepper sticks, Cheese fingers, Apple and oat flapjack, Strawberry and lemon cupcake with choccy sprinkles, Carton of fruit juice, all in a fun food box. (vegetarian sandwiches also available). The above food box is also available as completely organic and comes with either organic fruit juice or a smoothie.
Children’s buffet (organic)
• Carrot, pepper and celery batons with chickpea and sweet potato dip or carrot sesame and honey dip
• Homemade fish fingers with oat and rye crust
• Cheese and breadcrumb organic chicken nuggets with homemade tomato sauce
• Sandwiches - Cream cheese and jam, Cucumber and hummus with grated carrot, Cheddar cheese and ham
• Chicken and homemade sweet pepper relish
• Mini homemade hamburgers/cheese burgers, Mini hot dogs with sweet onions
• Mini Pittas - Tomato, cheese and ham, Mozzarella, pesto and tomato, Pineapple,ham and cheese
• Mini zucchini and carrot muffins, Mini 2 cheese muffins
• Cheese and sesame shortbreads, Cheese and marmite straws
• Mixed fruit with choccy and yoghurt fondant
• Fairy cakes with real fruit icing and choccy sprinkles
• Chocolate brownies bites with strawberry and cream dip
• Baby carrot cake bites with orange and cinnamon icing
• Mini banana and choccy muffins, Mini apple and cinnamon muffins, Mini apricot, honey and oat bars
• Drinks - Fruit juice, smoothies and water
Choose 6 items price is £15.00 per child, for more than 6 items please request a quote.
About Les Enfants
London-based Les Enfants was founded by working mother Katie Burnett with over 10 years experience in organising events. The company offers parents and corporate clients a premium service that takes away all the stress of organising children’s parties, with a highly personal service. Corporate clients include Total Oil, HSBC, PriceWaterhouseCoopers while private clients include several celebrities. http://www.lesenfants.co.uk
About Pomegranate Catering
Pomegranate Catering was set up by Nicky Murray in 2005 and is based in West London. Nicky has been a chef for over 6 years. The company specialises in organic food for children combining delicious and healthy food for the next generation. http://www.pomegranatecatering.co.uk/
For more information, if you’d like to talk to Katie please contact:
Tel: 01635 248 496 or 07994 914 917
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Peekaboo Communications in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Women's Interest & Beauty, Food & Drink, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.