Independent research shows that Bye Bye Standby® will save the average office £32 per employee per year
Businesses are responsible for approximately 40 per cent of the total carbon emissions in the UK (1). Today, a product has been launched to help UK businesses do their bit for the environment, and make vast savings on electricity bills. Bye Bye Standby Office is a simple plug-in energy control system, which is ideal for most work environments.
The launch comes following the success of Bye Bye Standby’s retail product for eco-friendly homes. The company is now helping to do the same for the office, with the focus on supporting businesses to reduce their carbon footprint.
Office appliances are currently consuming 15 per cent of all electrical energy in the UK(2) . Bye Bye Standby Office works by cutting power to electrical devices left in standby. The energy saving set contains four robust sockets, which are tamper proof and paired, to ensure that they will not communicate with any other device in the office. The set also contains a remote control. Simply plug the computer, printer, monitor or fax machine into the sockets and use the remote control to ensure everything is switched off before you leave the office at night.
Bye Bye Standby® Office has been designed to conveniently cut power to electrical equipment with ease. By simply using a remote, which wirelessly connects with the smart sockets, you can control the power of up to 16 pieces of office equipment.
An average desktop PC wastes nearly half the power delivered to it, by being left on or in standby mode when not in use. PCs left switched on all night cause 700,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions each year – the equivalent of running 200,000 cars for a year (3). Ensuring office equipment is switched off at night will help reduce the 60 per cent of energy being wasted by equipment and appliances in the office left on standby in the UK.
Poor energy efficiency costs businesses an estimated £2 billion annually (4). Independent research shows that Bye Bye Standby® will save the average business £32 per employee per year, representing millions of pounds across the country.
Geoff Ellis, product director, Bye Bye Standby® says, ”Our energy saving office solution has been designed for businesses of any size who want to make a difference and start saving energy and money almost straight away. The solution operates wirelessly via a RF signal to ensure easy installation, meaning businesses can avoid any disruption. Businesses use the term ‘return on investment’ in their everyday language. With Bye Bye Standby, the initial cost of the kit is returned many times over with savings on energy bills.”
1. The Carbon Trust, 4 June 2007
2. Carbon Trust
3. Research from 1E, 24 April 2007
4. The Carbon Trust, 4 June 2007
Notes to editors:
How much energy could Bye Bye Standby® save?
The 10 person office
• Annual energy savings: 5,000 kWh
• Annual CO2 reduction: 2,150 kg (similar to installing 60m2 of PV solar panels)
• Annual financial savings: £375
The 50 person office
• Annual energy savings: 20,597 kWh
• Annual CO2 reduction: 8,857 kg (similar to installing £150,000 of PV solar panels)
• Annual financial savings: £1,545
The 100 person office
• Annual energy savings: 41,387 kWh
• Annual CO2 reduction: 17,796 kg (similar to installing a wind turbine with a rotor diameter of 9m and a mast height of 10m – on a perfect site)
• Annual financial savings: £3,104
• Note that the Carbon Trust say that the average office in the UK spends £6000 per year on out-of-hours energy wastage – the Carbon Trust figure may include lighting, air-conditioning, hard-wired equipment, etc., in addition to plug loads.
• 30% of the energy consumed in the UK is wasted; costing businesses millions of pounds in lost revenue every year.
• Office equipment accounts for 15% of total energy consumption in the UK. This is estimated to rise by 30% by 2020. 60% of this is being wasted by equipment and appliances left on standby or switched on when not needed.
• A single computer and monitor left on 24 hours a day will cost around £45 a year.
• If left on continuously, a typical vending machine can cost around £120 per year in energy costs.
Review Bye Bye Standby® Office
• Bye Bye Standby® Office is available for review, please call Rachel Lear or Louise Mapp 0118 988 0501 firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Bye Bye Standby® is available at www.byebyestandby.co.uk
• Recommended Retail Price £49.99
About Bye Bye Standby®: www.byebyestandby.co.uk
Bye Bye Standby® is an energy saving product that allows you to remotely cut power to electrical devices when in standby mode. Bye Bye Standby® is part of the Domia Group – a home control specialist and leading developer of smart energy solutions. Independent research shows that Bye Bye Standby® will save the average UK family household £38 a year, which could represent as much as £940million across the nation.
For further information contact:
Rachel Lear / Louise Mapp
T: 0118 988 0501
Bye Bye Standby
T: 01844 337804
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Ascent PR in the following categories: Environment & Nature, Education & Human Resources, Public Sector, Third Sector & Legal, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.