Respect and Recruitment – At last, two words that go together!
To most people, the thought of finding a new job, whilst exciting, can make them feel a little anxious, whilst the idea of using a high street recruitment agency can fill them with dread! We’re all familiar with the calamity of cocky recruitment consultants, who try to butcher your CV and push you for jobs you don’t want, but are the gatekeepers of your dream job.
With a career that spans more than 40 years across areas such as retail, business services, broadcasting & writing, Richard Denny, a well-known and highly successful businessman, has had more than his fair share of bad recruitment agency experiences. Fed up with their lack of attention to detail and impersonal service, he created a different kind of recruitment consultancy – one that respects, takes responsibility for and mentors those looking for a new job. Welcome to Denny Executive Recruitment!
The ethos of Denny Executive Recruitment (DER) (www.denny.co.uk), now in its third year, is to focus on the customer care side of recruitment, ensuring a smooth and, importantly, enjoyable process for both candidates and those companies wanting to recruit. DER is different in that it always gains a full understanding of the vacant position – not just about the job itself but also an understanding of the office environment and the personality best suited to that environment, so to ensure the best candidate is selected and, crucially, that they will be happy and will stay in their new role.
Finding a new job is a daunting experience and so DER will hold your hand throughout the recruitment process, with regular updates and communication and full interview preparation – feigning interest and then never calling you again, unlike high street agencies, is a policy we don’t subscribe to!
Candidates with DER are offered so much more than just a new job – they benefit from free management training from The Richard Denny Group (RDG), Europe’s leading training and mentoring consultancy. The Richard Denny Business Lifestyle Programme provides candidates with the skills and support required in their new role and gives them the motivation and knowledge to help drive the business forward. The Business Lifestyle Programme provides candidates with:
• Three of the UK’s best selling management books, written by Richard Denny himself
• One-to-one mentorship for the first year in their new job by one of RDG’s top business/coaching consultants
• An invitation to attend two RDG business briefings per year free-of-charge
• Full access to RDG’s complete learning and support resources
The due care and attention given to each and every candidate ensures that they are placed in the right jobs, that they stay in those jobs and perform well.
DER specialise in executive recruitment, whose vacancies are predominantly managerial and sales roles with a salary exceeding £30K. Both permanent and interim roles across a variety of areas including business development, sales, marketing, commercial, utilities, finance & accounting are sourced and filled by a team of specialist recruitment agents – all of whom are all too familiar with the poor approach by the high street agencies. Fundamentally, DER places both the candidate and the client at the core of all its decision-making.
Here, Richard Denny shares some of his top tips for securing your dream job:
1. Prepare a professional and honest CV – if you lie, you will be found out … eventually!
2. ‘Gen’ up on the employer prior to the interview, it’s easy to do via their website and it will be expected of you
3. Prepare and write your questions to ask at interview – it demonstrates the effort you have made in preparation for the interview, as well showcasing your organisational skills
4. Selling yourself is showing interest in the other person and their company, not just talking about you
5. Talk about what you can do for them rather than what they can do for you
6. Always dress for the job you want not the job you have got
7. Ask about training and personal development opportunities
8. Make sure you meet the immediate line manager, the person you will report to – working within the right environment and with a team you ‘gel’ with is as important at the job itself
9. Don’t ever take a job just for the money
10. Be enthusiastic – would you employ you?
- ends -
About Richard Denny
Richard Denny is a highly successful businessman who has been sharing his ideas on success and achievement around the world for more than 20 years. He is Chairman of The Richard Denny Group, a company recognised as being at the forefront of business training on selling, leadership and management, customer care and business growth. With such a wealth of experience, Richard is a highly sought-after motivational speaker, becoming somewhat of a legend on the international speaking circuit, and helping thousands of people to succeed along the way.
Richard Denny’s global bestseller, Selling to Win, along with his four other books Winning New Business, Motivate to Win, Communicate to Win and Succeed for Yourself have sold over two million copies in 26 different languages worldwide. Selling to Win has since become one of the top selling books on this subject and an essential guide for anyone wanting to become a sales professional. Richard is also a familiar face to millions of employees across the UK as the author and presenter of more than 30 training videos.
For further information on Denny Executive Recruitment (www.denny.co.uk), for case studies, copies of Richard’s five books or for an interview with Richard himself, please contact:
Tel: 020 8996 1801/07966 577793
Tel: 020 8996 1804
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Velvet PR in the following categories: Business & Finance, Education & Human Resources, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.