- Join in Computeractive’s Fair & Square Campaign -
Computeractive has launched Fair & Square, a new campaign that aims to educate consumers about their online rights. The campaign also offers online retailers the opportunity to sign up to a Consumer Confidence Charter to ensure shoppers are able to identify reputable sites and avoid unclear terms and conditions.
The Consumer Confidence Charter will be publicly promoted and is set to become a symbol of trust that consumers will look for when shopping online. Online retailers are being encouraged to come forward and sign up to the Charter, enabling shoppers to identify reputable websites.
The Consumer Confidence Charter defines three commitments that every online retailer should make to the British public. These promises simply ask retailers to guarantee that they will comply with existing laws and provide clear channels of communication should problems occur.
1. To display clear links to information about returning goods and to ensure the information reflects customers' statutory right to return unwanted goods.
2. Not to charge restocking fees for returned goods in accordance with the Distant Selling Regulations
3. To provide a human response to emailed queries within two working days and to be clear about how complaints can be escalated.
Any company that feels they already meet these criteria or who are once aware of the Charter wish to bring themselves inline with it should contact Computeractive. If the website meets the three aims of the Charter it will be given a logo to display on its website, demonstrating to customers that it a trusted site.
Paul Allen, editor of Computeractive said “Responsible retailers should be eager to sign up to our Consumer Confidence Charter, and we hope this will become a de facto UK standard upon which web shoppers will be able to base their purchasing decisions.”
Prominent retailers are set to sign up to the Charter and the power of the campaign is already being demonstrated. Early on in the campaign Computeractive discovered that one of the terms on Apple’s UK online store contravened the Distance Selling Regulations, the company have since taken action to alter the term and bring itself inline with regulations.
Notes to editors:
– Online retailers can put their website forward for approval by the Consumer Confidence Charter by contacting the deputy editor of Computeractive, Tom Royal - Email: email@example.com Tel: 0207-316 9000
– Paul Allen, editor of Computeractive and Tom Royal, Computeractive’s deputy editor, are both available for comment and interview
Tel: 0207-316 9000
Tel: 0207-316 9000 –
Additional information about The Fair and Square campaign can be found at www.computeractive.co.uk/fair
– Further resources for media, such as campaign logos, can be obtained by contacting Louise Newland, Marketing Manager of Computeractive
Tel: 0207-316 9000
- ends -
• Computeractive is a fortnightly title, with a circulation of 200,307. The cover price is £1.59 and the magazine is available throughout the UK or by subscription.
• Computeractive is published by Incisive Media. More information is available at www.computeractive.co.uk and www.incisivemedia.com
About Incisive Media
Incisive Media is a fast growing specialist business information provider operating in four markets: financial services, risk management, professional services and marketing services. The Company delivers key information to defined target audiences across a variety of platforms in print, through magazines; in person via conferences, exhibitions and training programmes; and online through its various websites. Incisive Media's market leading brands include Investment Week, Professional Pensions, Your Mortgage, Post Magazine, Risk, Unquote, Search Engine Strategies and Legal Week.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Incisive Media (New London House) in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Business & Finance, Media & Marketing, Retail & Fashion, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.