SASBoy Delivers High Performance and Energy Savings for Fixed Content
Derby, UK, 2nd June, 2008 – Nexsan, a leading provider of energy efficient, long term disk storage, today announced the availability of SASBoy™, a high-density, Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) storage solution. This is the only SAS storage solution on the market to provide MAID 2.0 functionality via Nexsan’s AutoMAID™ (Automatic Massive Array of Idle Disks) technology, which reduces energy use without compromising application performance.
SASBoy uses high-performance RAID controllers and offers fast I/O response for searching and retrieving small fixed content files. It is well suited for applications like web and Intranet fixed content delivery, databases for storing and retrieving PACS (Picture Archiving and Communication Systems) content, document management, and business reports. SASBoy is completely OS-independent and provides both iSCSI and Fibre Channel connectivity. The new cost-effective solution houses fourteen 300GB SAS drives in 3U for 4.2 TB of storage.
· Speeds: High performance random access for fixed content. Up to 50,000 random IOPS from cache;
· Green storage: Multiple levels of energy efficiency, user configurable to control energy use. No compromise on application performance. Comes standard with the SASBoy;
· Features both Fibre Channel and iSCSI connectivity to enable cost-effective, high performance access to large amounts of information;
· High availability architecture features full redundancy across all active components;
· Centralised management and monitoring platform that enables remote management and configuration of multiple arrays from a single GUI through NexScan™ software;
· Priced for the SME market (small to mid-size enterprises);
· Available immediately through Nexsan’s global VAR channel;
· Easily integrates with SATA products for tiered storage;
· Three-year warranty includes advance exchange, 24-7 technical support.
“Whereas most SAS solutions support primary storage applications, the SASBoy is designed to enable high performance fixed content applications with energy efficiency,” said Bob Woolery, senior vice president of marketing, Nexsan. “From the perspective of the host O/S, the SASBoy array acts like any SAS RAID while opportunistically looking for ways to save power.”
"Just because a business is categorised specifically as being in the SME space does not necessarily mean that it's IT challenges and needs are specific too - Nexsan has realised this and has put together an intriguing combination in its SASBoy product, said Mark Peters, analyst at Enterprise Strategy Group. "Aimed predominantly to serve fixed content, it combines what should be a good price/performance SAS package with Nexsan's multi-level, energy-saving technology; this latter aspect is crucial - after all, SME's have utility bills too, and the need to contain power-usage (whether motivated by environmental or economic concerns) is endemic and only going to grow."
Nexsan Corporation is a leading provider of energy-efficient, long-term storage systems. Nexsan delivers secure storage appliances and modular, capacity-optimised disk-storage systems for a broad range of applications including fixed content storage and archiving, email, medical imaging, compliance and litigation support, disk-based backup, digital video security, and rich media. Nexsan’s solutions are the choice of small and medium-sized companies as well as large global enterprises and major governmental agencies around the world who are seeking cost-correct, high density storage solutions. Founded in 1999 and based in Thousand, Oaks, Calif., Nexsan sells its products exclusively through a select global network of VARs, OEMs and system integrators.
For more information about Nexsan’s products, please see the company's website at www.nexsan.com.
# # #
+44 (0) 1628 673 007
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of BondPR UK in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.