- Enhancements to open source point of sale software include additional customer-facing functionality, localisation features to handle country-specific taxes, IBM integration and further integration with Openbravo ERP -
2 June, 2008 – Openbravo has announced the release of its updated open source Point of Sale (POS) software, Openbravo POS 2.10.
Available for download at http://sourceforge.net/projects/openbravopos, Openbravo POS 2.10 is a Point of Sale application designed for touchscreens that works with popular retailing systems such as ticket printers and barcode scanners.
New features of the updated version include:
- Enhanced customer-facing functionality. A new module in Openbravo POS 2.10 will enable users to assign purchases to customers with loyalty cards or accounts, create custom invoices, track a specific customer’s account, allocate payments to customers and to create customer-specific reports.
- New localisation features that can handle country-specific currency and taxes. This new functionality will allow retailers to implement an Openbravo POS system specific to the laws, taxes and culture of the countries they operate in. The new localisation features in Openbravo POS 2.10 expand the global reach of the product and include a cash change calculator based on local coin and banknote denominations.
- Improved integration with Openbravo ERP. The tighter integration of Openbravo POS with Openbravo’s award-winning ERP system is an area of ongoing focus. In POS 2.10, new integration features include the synchronisation of customer data and warehouse-related information.
- Improved reporting. Openbravo has modified the reporting structure behind its POS system with new reports, analysis and charting capabilities. These can be created without users having to access the source code, instead using plain text files that are simple to change and easy to replicate.
- Integration with IBM SurePOS 500 series. Integrates with the popular IBM POS touchscreen terminal series that include in-built 4 GB flash drives, Ethernet and powered USB ports.
Paolo Juvara, Chief Products Officer of Openbravo said, “This is the second version release of Openbravo POS since we acquired the original developer last summer. We are dedicated to deliver a leading Point of Sale solution that encapsulates the innovation and benefits of open source with the range of features demanded by users in the retail and hospitality markets. Version 2.10 brings us towards that goal with new customer-facing capabilities, sophisticated localisation, and enhanced integration with customer, inventory and warehousing systems.”
Manel Sarasa, CEO of Openbravo said, “This new product launch reflects our growth as an application developer of multiple products and upholds our core value: to deliver leading open source solutions that drive business processes, value, and innovation.”
Openbravo is the leading developer of web-based open Source Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Point of Sale (PoS) solutions for small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
The company has developed a fully integrated, web-based ERP system tailored to the needs of any company, regardless of size or industry sector. The functionality of Openbravo ERP is in continuous growth thanks to an expanding international community of users, partners and developers. Openbravo ERP helps companies manage daily operations, optimize business processes, enhance customer satisfaction and ultimately increase profitability. And because it is open source, Openbravo ERP puts the customer in full control without the overheads of contracts or licenses. Openbravo has won several important international awards.
In October 2007, Openbravo acquired the leading open source POS solution. The newly renamed Openbravo POS is a point-of-sales application designed for touch screens. It supports ESC/POS ticket printers, customer displays and barcode scanners. It can support single and multiple users and has a strong back-office including product entry form, reporting and easy-to-read charts. Openbravo POS is integrated with Openbravo ERP and is also available as a standalone product.
Openbravo is venture backed and has received record funding in the Open Source ERP space from a consortium of leading global investment firms: Amadeus Capital Partners, GIMV, Adara Venture Partners and Sodena. www.openbravo.com
For further information or to schedule a briefing, please contact:
James Gerber or Hazel Butters
Prompt Communications on behalf of Openbravo
UK: +44 (0) 20 8996 1653 / +44 (0) 7780 687813
US: +1 617 576 5763 / +1 617 291 9899
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Prompt Communications Ltd in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.