3 June 2008
Delivery service key to customer brand satisfaction, says Skillweb
Increase in home shopping delivery puts retailers at mercy of courier services to maintain high customer satisfaction, cites Skillweb White paper
Home delivery carriers should focus on customer satisfaction, cites Skillweb, provider of innovative mobile computer solutions for parcel logistics and supply chain operations in its recently published White Paper, “Are you delivering the goods?”*. Skillweb claims that retailers are increasingly reliant on home delivery carriers for consumer perceptions of their brand. Adopting the right mobile computing solution can help courier companies have control and visibility of the doorstep delivery process to meet high levels of customer service required by their clients and consumers.
Skillweb has included in the White paper a six point plan to aid companies in the selection of a mobile computing solution. The paper covers the issues of choosing the right supplier, total cost of ownership, functionality and ease of use of the IT device, data security, performance management and ‘future’ proofing the solution to meet the needs of the business.
Chris Wight, Managing Director of Skillweb and author of the White paper commented; ”Increasingly retailers are pushing carriers to boost their performance levels. However, even in the most efficient operations problems and delays can occur. The most successful carriers will be those who can communicate well and effect an elegant recovery. Visibility of the delivery process with an effective mobile communication solution is key to this success.”
Copies of Skillweb’s white paper are available directly from Skillweb at 08700 707077 or from Andreina West at PR Artistry on 01491 639500.
* Are you delivering the goods? – Using mobile computing to boost customer satisfaction
A Skillweb White Paper, Author Chris Wright, April 2008.
NOTES TO EDITORS
Founded in 1999 Skillweb specialises in end-to-end distribution and delivery solutions, focusing on couriers, parcel carriers, distributors and field force engineers. Skillweb has successfully supplied its proven solutions to a number of blue chip companies including British Telecom, DHL, Lynx Express, United Cooperatives, Guernsey Post, Isle of Man Post Office and Air Products.
Based in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, Skillweb provides one-stop business system integration services, including design, development, implementation and support.
Skillweb’s portfolio of products and services include:
• Proof of Delivery, electronic signature capture in real-time
• Individual consignment tracking; using barcodes, RFID and spatial positioning
• Geo-positioning and navigational aids for in-cab and back office use
• Deliveries, collections, returns and exception management
• Courier and driver web based management systems
• Electronic pre-advice receipting and route schedules / trip planning
• Physical receipting, sortation, put to lane, load and despatch
• Cross docking, yard management and depot operations
• Planned versus actual management reports; full web visibility
Typically Skillweb’s solutions deliver the following benefits:
• Reduced fuel costs using the Internet map based route scheduling solution
• Reduced running costs as utilisation of resources is improved
• Improved productivity as mobile solutions control and manage drivers
• Increased customer satisfaction as delivery success rates are improved
• Reduced time spent chasing errors as Skillweb’s solutions enable customers to elegantly recover from errors
Skillweb achieves this by working in partnership with customers, providing pay as you go managed software services.
Skillweb offers one stop shop services removing much of the hassle while integrating into the customers preferred way of working. For more details please visit: www.skillweb.co.uk.
Tel: 08700 707077
Andreina West/Mary Phillips
PR Artistry Ltd
Tel: 01491 639500
Fax: 01491 638866
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of PR Artistry Limited in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.