For immediate release
Divorce and Separation – The Essential Guide
Separated parents are reported to have a lot to answer for – from ‘yob culture’ and binge drinking to dire predictions about a child’s future inability to hold down a relationship.
Although the UK divorce rate is falling, so-called “broken homes” are said to be at fault for many of the pressing concerns of today’s society. No wonder loving parents who face a split with their partner feel bewildered and scared about what is to become of their children – not to mention the trauma that split will bring.
Due out in July, Linda Jones’ positive and supportive book, Divorce and Separation - The Essential Guide, shows that it is not divorce that wreaks long term havoc on a family’s life, but the way it is handled. It helps tackle problems head on, showing parents, carers and those concerned about children’s wellbeing how to find solutions.
Discover how to find the words to explain to even the youngest of children why Mummy and Daddy are going their separate ways, help them understand it’s not their fault, and discover how to navigate a course through the emotional minefield of who is going to live where.
Author Linda Jones, a mother of nine-year-old twins says: ‘Hardly a week goes by without a new report telling us that “the breakdown of the family” is responsible for society’s ills. Yet when I look at the happy lives of my separated friends and their children, I find it difficult to understand where these reports come from.
“Separated parents are criticised so often, I felt strongly that I wanted to report on some positive examples of functioning, happy divorced families – who, like the rest of us, are just doing the best they can - and to offer practical help to assist parents in making the right choices for what to say and how to relate to each other after separation.’
Whether you are a parent, grandparent, carer or teacher, Linda’s accessible and warm approach will help you reduce and manage the pain and stress for children when a relationship ends.
Linda Jones is a writer specialising in parenting and relationships. As the director of the Midlands agency Passionate Media, she supplies features to women’s magazines and national newspapers. Linda’s blog at www.gotyourhandsfull.com brings together hundreds of parenting articles and she has written for various websites and publications.
Published by Need2Know – the imprint of People’s Publisher Forward Press that focuses on overcoming real life problems – Divorce and Separation - The Essential Guide is the tenth in the series and is available now from the Need2Know website (www.n2kbooks.com) or by calling 01733 898103 or emailing email@example.com.
Publication Date: July 2008 (Pre-publication copies available now)
Dimensions: 205mm x 195mm
Notes for Editors:
1. ‘Divorce and Separation, The Essential Guide, is priced at £8.99
2. Linda Jones is a former news editor on the Wolverhampton Express & Star and Worcester Evening News, and a former editor of the St Petersburg Press in Russia as well as Tamba’s Twins, Triplets & More magazine. In a varied career, she has written for most national newspapers and several of the women’s weekly and monthly magazines.
3. A jpeg high-resolution image of the cover is available upon request.
4. Need2Know is the imprint of People’s Publisher Forward Press that focuses on overcoming problems.
5. Forward Press Ltd is the largest publisher of new poetry in the UK. Since its establishment in 1989 the company has published more than 90,000 original poems and, along the way, been instrumental in changing the poetry world forever. Founded by aspiring poet Ian Walton, the company’s ethos has always been to act as a bridge to publication, rather than a barrier, and give everyone the opportunity to see their poems in print. Today, 18 years after starting Forward Press, Ian remains the driving force behind the company and, with his committed team, continues to develop it as The People’s Publisher.
Forward Press writing initiatives include:
Young Writers / Anchor Books / Spotlight Poets / Need2Know / triumph House / New Fiction / WomensWords / StrongWords / Poetry Now / Pond View
Find out more at: www.forwardpress.co.uk
For more information or interviews with Linda Jones contact Kate Gibbard on 01733 898103 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of The Marketing Room (Passionate Media Relations) in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Women's Interest & Beauty, Education & Human Resources, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.