O2 Broadband have streaked ahead in the broadband speed charts and now provide average download speeds over twice the national average according to broadband analysts at broadband.co.uk.
"While the national average download speed test has stayed pretty constant over June 2008 at around the 3.3Mbps mark we have seen O2 Broadband move well ahead of the rest of the ISP 's to reach an average of 7.02Mbps" says Edd Dawson from broadband.co.uk.
O2 Broadband, who share a technical infrastructure with Be Broadband, supply broadband using ADSL2+ technology allowing them to offer speeds of up to 20Mbps, a great deal faster than the average ISP and this is reflected in their speed test results.
"Such is O2's dominance in the average download speed charts that they are an incredible 47% faster on average than their nearest rivals Virgin Media" adds Dawson.
For full details including speed test results for individual suppliers please see the attached pdf file.
NOTES FOR EDITORS:
About the broadband.co.uk speedtest results:
* Our results are taken from our website users performing speedtests using our speedchecker at http://www.broadband.co.uk/broadband-speed-test.jsp
* We record tens of thousands of speedtests every month.
* Unlike other speedtest services we record the Internet Service Provider (ISP)
by IP address making our ISP recording very accurate rather than relying on self selection
*We pick out the following ISP's for reporting every month
- Be Broadband / O2 (although marketed separately they share a common infrastructure)
* We are one of the original broadband information and comparison sites having been running since 2004
* With well over 1 million visitors per year we are the UK's leading source of broadband information and advice
* We provide beginners guides to all areas of broadband along with discussion forums, speedtester and broadband postcode lookup functionality
* We provide a unique free “Ask the expert” service where our broadband expert answers any query related to broadband, technical, comparison and related
For more information contact Fiona Conner on 0115 959 6455 or email
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of broadband.co.uk in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.