A few years ago the biggest decision surrounding lunch boxes was whether to go with Post Man Pat or My Little Pony. Now the back-to-school ritual is much more complex, not only has there been massive changes in the style of lunch boxes but the conundrum of what you should and should not put in a lunch box continues to get increasingly complicated.
The rise of the lunch box has been well documented; it allows parents to make sure their kids benefit from healthier choices. But the dreaded ‘cool factor’ still applies - school kids now place as much emphasis on the lunch kit they carry as on what’s packed inside. If you want them to appreciate the effort you go to filling those boxes everyday, follow these simple tips from YAZOO to make sure they aren’t ‘accidentally’ left on the bus!
• Once they get past the age of seven, they no longer want to be seen with a character lunch box, instead savvy kids want the latest technology – cool bags, multiple compartments and freezer packs
• Kids often prove they know more about the environment than their parents so make sure all containers used are recyclable
• The more variety the better, cheese sandwiches just don’t cut it anymore! Why not try pitta bread, veggies and dips.
• Avoid smelly foods – no one wants to open up their lunch box only to evacuate the whole classroom
• Ditch fizzy drinks, instead go for a milk drink like YAZOO which is low fat and packed with calcium, it also contains no artificial sweeteners or preservatives
• Get kids involved by helping them pick out food at the supermarket and even get them to pitch in making up their lunch the night before. If actively involved they will be much more likely to finish their creations off
Follow these simple steps to stop kids slamming the lid shut on their lunch box.
Notes to editors:
• YAZOO is the UK’s No.1 selling flavoured milk drink
• YAZOO is available through all major supermarkets and independent stores
• YAZOO 4x200ml rrp £1.35, 500ml rrp 80p
For further information please contact Gemma Oakes at Mercieca on 0207 485 0100 or email@example.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Mercieca Ltd in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Health, Women's Interest & Beauty, Food & Drink, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.