2007 Château Pontet-Bagatelle – La Rosée de Bagatelle (dew of Bagatelle) a hand-crafted rosé from Coteaux d’Aix en Provence, has been launched in the UK, available from www.fromvineyardsdirect.com. A medium bodied, pale peach pink coloured rosé, full of fruit flavours, this is a perfect wine to enjoy over the summer months.
The 2007 vintage is the first wine produced by Garry and Sabine Stephen, who acquired Château Pontet Bagatelle in 2006. The Stephens invested immediately and significantly in new state-of-the-art technology for the vinification, and in the vineyards.
Prior to acquiring the property, Garry, an Australian who moved to the UK in 1985, had a successful career as an investment banker and in other industries. The couple made the decision to relocate to Sabine’s native France in 2006 and embarked on a winemaking adventure after being seduced by the beautiful surroundings of former 13th Century chapel, Pontet Bagatelle with its boutique winery attached.
The production of their first vintage was a labour of love. A vendange vert picking in July, followed by hand-picking of the grapes, and then confirmation from their renowned oenologist, Bernadette Tourrel, that the grape juice was amazing. Sleepless nights ensued, checking the temperature of the wine to avoid ruining the precious juice, before bottling in April - deciding to leave it until the latest possible time to ensure optimum time to mature. But all their hard work was rewarded when the wine was awarded a gold medal from Palmares du Concours d'Aix en Provence.
Esme Johnstone, who sells the wine through fromvineyardsdirect.com, and who created critically acclaimed Château de Sours in Bordeaux, said of La Rosée de Bagatelle, “I was as excited when I tasted this as I was the first time I tasted Château de Sours rosé”.
Grape variety: 90% Grenache, 10% Syrah
Appellation: AC Coteaux d'Aix en Provence
Incredibly pale pink with very elegant fruit driven flavours: redcurrants, peaches and exotic fruit. Good full flavoured, subtle taste. Excellent balance and acidity. Just what you would expect from a very good and well made rose from the South of France.
La Rosée de Bagatelle – £7.95 (75cl bottle)|£16.45 (150cl Magnum), www.fromvineyardsdirect.com
For more information, pictures etc, or to speak to Garry Stephen, please contact Eleanor Standen at R&R Teamwork, e: firstname.lastname@example.org, t: 020 7384 1333
La Rosée de Bagatelle will be launched in the UK on Tuesday 22nd July at a party at Adam Street Private Members’ Club. If you would like to attend, please get in touch for more details.
Notes to Editor:
• Pontet Bagatelle has consistently produced a quality Rosé wine. The 2005 vintage was awarded two stars by Hachette’s Wine Guide which is the second highest award made by that publication. The 2007 Rosé is the first wine produced by the new owners and it won a gold medal from Palmares du Concours d'Aix en Provence.
• Quality red wines have also been consistently produced and these have been aged longer than those of most other producers in the region. The result has been a reputation for quality wines. In April 2008, Palmares du Concours d'Aix en Provence awarded Pontet Bagatelle’s Cuve Rubis 2000 a bronze medal and in May 2008, Palmares du Concours des Vins de Provence at Saint Tropez awarded it a gold medal.
• Chateâu Pontet-Bagatelle comprises 4.1ha of vines.
• Bernadette Tourrel - Oenologist
Bernadette has been the consultant oenologist to Pontet Bagatelle for the last 16 years. Born in Burgundy, she has lived in Provence for 30 years and as a result has a deep knowledge of the terroir of Provence.
As a consulting oenologist, Bernadette has had 20 years of experience in advising on the management of vineyards and vinification and typically advises on:
• Definition and profile of the product;
• Maturity, quality and vinification generally;
• Tasting and blending; and
• Cellar management.
Bernadette approaches this role as a member of the “team” but maintains independence in the process to ensure best advice. Her approach with regard to winemaking is a total respect for the personality of the terroir.
Bernadette obtained her qualifications from ENSA in Montpellier.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of R & R Teamwork Limited in the following categories: Men's Interest, Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, Food & Drink, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.