- AMI promotes MegaRAID as the new ‘office filing cabinet’ for any workstation user.
- AMI MegaRAID Ultra 2 Controller bundled with two enterprise Quantum 9.0GB hard drives, available from Microtronica for £700.
Data security no longer affects just the largest organisations: modern reliance on computing means anyone from governments down to individual users need 99.9% data security. Losing data can all too often lead to losing your livelihood.
The figures speak for themselves. Statistics from ‘Ontrack Data Recovery Europe’ show that the average cost per hour of data loss is:
- £55,247 in airline reservation centres
- £1.6m in a credit card sales environment
- £4m in retail brokerages
American Megatrends Inc (AMI) has launched a new initiative - ‘RAID on Every Workstation’ - to help any workstation user safeguard their data and maximise computer performance. AMI, a leader in state-of-the-art RAID technology, believes the time’s right to promote wider adoption of this most effective, affordable and reliable means of securing data.
As part of this initiative, AMI has reached an agreement with distribution specialist Microtronica UK to offer an upgrade package bundling two enterprise Quantum Atlas 4 9.0GB hard drives with an AMI MegaRAID Ultra 2 Controller, which is compatible with Microsoft Windows 2000. The package is available from Microtronica, with AMI providing advice on how to upgrade.
Les Billing, UK MD of Microtronica, explains:
"If you’re serious about safeguarding business-critical data, AMI’s new initiative for the workstation market is the best available. Quantum’s Atlas 4 drives are red hot, providing great performance and reliability, which complements MegaRAID’s world-class RAID and clustering technology. This upgrade bundle will give corporate users peace-of-mind that no matter what disaster or outage happens to their system, data will be secure. £700 is a small price to pay for that."
Linda Ng, UK Managing Director of American Megatrends, adds:
"RAID is the new office filing cabinet. RAID is not just for servers and large IT environments, it’s for anyone who uses a computer. PCs now have to store much more data as a result of the popularity of e-mail, multimedia presentations and sound/video files, so hard drives can quickly run out of the space. Every workstation needs RAID because you can hold more data whilst your computer works faster.
"Take e-mail for example. E-mail is being adopted so quickly that hard drives can quickly become inundated with message data. You may have agreements, contracts or other large file attachments that are business-critical and confidential. Relying upon a paper copy as a security measure is annoying, and it means that you’ll never have a paperless office. MegaRAID can help make a back-up copy of your current hard drive so that you can store duplicate information in another drive, with little effect on performance."
Other advantageous reasons for adopting AMI MegaRAID include the following features:
- RAID is now much more easily available and more affordable.
- Companies such as AMI have developed RAID so it is simple to configure. AMI’s WebBIOS software gives a user friendly interface in the style of a web HTML page which configures it for you. WebBIOS software also offers interactive on-screen Help Topics, making the need for paper manuals obsolete. If you’ve never configured a RAID array before, you should find it very straightforward.
- AMI RAID Controllers are compatible with Microsoft Windows 2000.
- MegaRAID PCI RAID can support up to 266MB/s speed overcoming the SCSI–SCSI adapter’s limited bandwidth of 20MB/s
- AMI MegaRAID products have built-in alarms which sound if a drive fails. The Hot-Swap feature means that in the event of a failed drive, a replacement can be fitted quickly, with no need to restart the computer.
For more information, please contact:
Linda Ng Bill Boyle/Anthony Bracewell
American Megatrends PCM
0181 848 8686 0171 244 8857
About American Megatrends Inc
Founded in 1985, American Megatrends Inc (AMI) has dedicated its resources to providing OEMs, resellers and system integrators with leading-edge computer technologies. This privately held company, best known for its Basic Input/Output Systems or BIOS, also supplies its state-of-the-art hardware, software, utilities and RAID controllers to over 55% of today’s high-tech manufacturers. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, AMI has locations in the US and throughout the world including Munich, London, Taipei, Madras and Tokyo to better serve our customers. For more information on AMI, its products, services or reseller opportunities, visit its website at www.ami.com.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Nexus Technology Communications in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.