Reviewer writes, “For an SMB security appliance, the InstaGate 404e delivers a remarkable range of sophisticated features”
Broomfield, Colo. – July 29, 2008 – eSoft, Inc., a leading vendor of integrated Internet security and content management solutions, announced today that its InstaGate 404e has received PC Pro’s esteemed “Recommended” award and 5 stars (July 2008). The reviewer, Dave Mitchell, starts praising the product immediately in the published review, with a “verdict” for the InstaGate: “A top value SMB security appliance that can be upgraded to UTM status and beyond, as eSoft offers a quality range of very cost-effective options.”
Mitchell notes that eSoft does not rely on third-party vendors to provide different security features since eSoft has developed its own solutions. However, the reviewer writes, “don’t be fooled into thinking they’re less worthy, as during testing we found them anything but. The web content filtering is very efficient and eSoft’s virus scanner can, for example, peer into nested archives - something many competitors can’t do.”
Mitchell continues highlighting where the InstaGate is a standout:
• Quarantining: “Quarantining is very unusual at this price point, as the appliance has an internal 40GB IDE hard disk that it also uses to facilitate web proxy caching.”
• Mail server mirroring: “Another rarity is eSoft’s mail server mirroring feature, which will prove handy if you’re using an external ISP, as the appliance can download mail from selected POP3 accounts to its hard disk and scan them.”
• Ease of installation: “Installation is handled deftly by a Quick Start wizard, and any extra ThreatPaks are downloaded during this phase along with regular updates to the various security scanners. With both ThreatPaks included on the review system we were faced with a veritable cornucopia of security features, but the well-designed web interface made for easy access to each one.”
• Web content filtering: “Web content filtering is accessed from the web proxy, where you can pick and choose from more than 50 URL categories and use policies and schedules to decide when each one is active.”
• Content filtering: “Content filtering is a local affair, so eSoft’s own URL database needs to be downloaded to the appliance. During testing we found it to be very effective, as our attempts to visit 60 online bingo sites with the games and gambling categories blocked were all rebuffed.”
According to the article, the reviewer was impressed by the InstaGate’s feature set as well as its price point: “For an SMB security appliance the InstaGate 404e delivers a remarkable range of sophisticated features. The two ThreatPaks allow it to be customised to suit, and these are also offered at very tempting prices as well.” To read the review, visit http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/214800/esoft-instagate-404e.h... and for information on the InstaGate, visit http://www.esoft.com/new_products/utm.cfm.
About eSoft, Inc.
eSoft, Inc. (www.esoft.com) is a leading provider of integrated Internet security solutions offering organisations protection from dynamic Internet-based threats. eSoft's award winning InstaGate™ and ThreatWall™ platforms offer high-performance Deep Packet Inspection security services including Firewall/UTM, complete email security, and total web security. eSoft solutions are based on purpose-built hardware platforms running security software modules called ThreatPaks™, which are distributed and maintained through eSoft's patented SoftPak Director™ technology. eSoft solutions offer IT managers extreme simplicity and flexibility when deploying and managing network security. Fewer demands for time and security expertise from IT staff lower the total cost of ownership.
Notes: eSoft, ThreatWall, InstaGate, ThreatPak, SoftPak and SoftPak Director are all trademarks of eSoft.
Sally Bratton, Bratton PR
Tel: +44 (0)1296 394000
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Bratton PR (Middlesex) in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.