30th July 2008
Diva drivers flirt to keep a clean licence
Flirtatious females admit to using their feminine charm to flirt their way out of a parking ticket.
A YouGov survey has revealed that one in four women drivers would give a bat of their eyelashes or a hint of cleavage as means of avoiding or reducing penalty points.
In a survey of 2,181 drivers Diva, a new sophisticated, comprehensive car insurance provider specifically designed for women found that 34% of 18-24 year olds said they’d give or would consider giving a traffic warden the come on – brandishing young women as the most brazen behind the wheel.
The mature driver has more driving decorum, with 61% of over 45 year olds refusing to even consider flirting if caught flouting the law.
Drivers from Yorkshire displayed the most temptress tendencies – 25% said they’d turn on the charm if faced with potential penalty points, while 7% of Londoners admitted to already having had a go at charming their way out of trouble.
Head of Diva, Kaye Sutcliffe said: “Diva is car insurance designed specifically for women, and we wanted to delve into a diva’s mind and see what makes us girls tick. At Diva we think women are better drivers which is why we have negotiated such excellent rates for women. But I’m not sure guys realise just how shrewd women are when it comes to getting themselves out of trouble. Flirting is just one more device divas deploy to get what they want behind the wheel.”
Diva shops around to find the best quotes on car insurance for women. Visit Diva’s new website www.divainsurance.co.uk to see the competitive deals available for women drivers and useful motoring advice on everything from lessons in car maintenance to tips on how to buy a second hand car.
A diva driver attempting to flirt her way out of a parking ticket!
Notes to Editors
• All figures are from YouGov Plc. Total sample size was 2,181 adults. Fieldwork was undertaken from 4th to 7th July 2008. The survey was carried out online. The figures have been weighted and are representative of all GB adults (aged 18+).
For further information please contact Adele Mandy, Lucy Sinclair or Daniel Kennedy at Spinoza Kennedy Vesey PR on Tel: 0161 838 7770 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Diva is a division of Swinton.
• Diva has negotiated with the UK’s leading insurers to find competitive deals for women
• Diva is available for all women drivers aged 17-75 years old
• Diva knows that women have better things to do with their time than shop for car insurance. Diva takes the work off women’s hands, searching the UK’s leading insurers for the best prices.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of SKV Communications Ltd in the following categories: Women's Interest & Beauty, Motoring, Personal Finance, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.