Version 6 of the award winning FinePrint printer control software has been released. Trial versions can be downloaded from http://www.software-partners.co.uk and have all the functionality of the licensed system.
FinePrint is an intelligent printer driver which typically reduces paper consumption by making more effective use of paper, reducing scrapped pages and removing the need for preprinted stationery. Typical savings are between 35% and 50%. The built in log file makes it easier for companies to monitor their paper usage and for staff to see how their choices are (or are not) reducing paper consumption.
New features in version 6 that should increase print savings further include:
1. Allowing output to be directed to more efficient printers within an organisation by restricting access to inappropriate printers –inkjets for example when lasers are available
2. Using printer “nicknames” so that staff can more easily select the right printer for the job in hand
3. Encouraging a paper saving attitude by showing the savings made to date and those that would be made with the page layout of the current job. For example selecting booklet output would show a 75% saving over single sided output
4. Showing users how many copies they are requesting to minimize the chance of inadvertently printing too many
5. Allowing administrators to hide inappropriate options that would distract users from using the paper saving options that are appropriate for them.
FinePrint is currently used by some of the world’s largest organizations and the software is also in use in military communications equipment where effectiveness and reliability are essential.
Other features include:
• An easy overlay creation system to reduce the need for pre-printed stationery and reduce the waste caused by printing to the wrong letterhead
• A “Stamp “ option which adds variable information such as date/time and page number to pages
• Variable margins and gutters to improve document appearance
• Combining multiple jobs from any source into a single document which can have uniform margins, overlays and page numbering.
• Web page printing features such as capturing oversize screens and reducing them to fit A4, deleting pages that contain no useful information, converting coloured text to black for improved legibility and removing graphics to save printing time and ink.
Software Partners are the UK distributors of FinePrint to both resellers and end users.
FinePrint software is written by FinePrint LLC of San Francisco.
Richard Blundell, Software Partners, Oak Tree House, Station Road, Claverdon, Warwick, CV35 8PE.
Tel 01926 842998, email email@example.com website: http://www.software-partners.co.uk
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Software Partners in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.