High-Density, Highly Reliable Solution Blends SAS and SATA Storage with Energy-Efficient AutoMAID Technology;
Ideally Configured and Priced for Wide Spectrum of SMB Applications
Derby, UK – 18th August, 2008 – Nexsan, a leading provider of energy-efficient, long-term storage, today announced the availability of The Edge, a next-generation green Network Attached Storage (NAS) solution configured and priced specifically for the small- to medium-sized business (SMB) market.
The Edge is a high-density disk storage solution that allows users to tier existing Nexsan SAS and SATA-based storage with file services, CIFS and NFS, as well as block service iSCSI. It also features high-reliability attributes unavailable in other SMB storage solutions.
The Edge was designed for the increasing number of SMB customers that are demanding green data storage solutions that maintain high performance with proven enterprise-class reliability. The Edge and the recently announced DATABeast are part of Nexsan’s growing family of green storage solutions for companies of all sizes, from small businesses to large enterprises.
- Customers report component AFR* of less than 1%
- Full redundancy and failover capabilities
- Offers tiered Nexsan storage and AutoMAIDenergy-efficiency as standard features in a single turnkey solution
- Incorporates next-generation Massive Array of Idle Disks (MAID 2.0) functionality, which enables dramatic energy savings without compromising application performance or reliability
- Three levels of energy efficiency, user-configurable to control energy usage on disk drives rather than an on/off approach
Stores up to 84TB in 9U, more than twice the density of comparable solutions
Additional Product Details
- Ideally suited for high-capacity applications such as healthcare, rich media and a wide variety of standard business applications
- All components and expansion units are preinstalled, preconfigured and ready to go for fast and simple deployment
- Includes Microsoft’s industry-standard Windows Unified Data Storage Server (WUDSS) technology
- Centralized management and monitoring enables local and remote secure management, configuration and consolidation of the entire system
Available now through Nexsan’s global VAR channel
“The Edge is the latest addition to our complete line of green data storage products,” said Bob Woolery, Senior VP of Marketing, Nexsan Corporation. “The Edge delivers an innovative mix of green NAS, high reliability and tiered storage at an attractive price point that SMB customers are looking for.”
“We have been installing Nexsan products for more than six years and during that time Nexsan’s reliability has been remarkable,” said Bill Allen, CEO of ESS Direct, a Nexsan reseller. “Nexsan’s product lines across the board have consistently proven themselves to be the most reliable and are priced appropriately for the market. Nexsan’s commitment to their products, their resellers and the customer install base has allowed my company to place them in environments as storage solutions in mission critical applications. There are other NAS products available, however, in the SMB space, the Edge’s performance and reliability is clearly welcomed as a great choice to lead with. Given Nexsan’s history, the resellers and end-users will find The Edge a product they can trust!”
MAID 2.0 white paper (http://www.nexsan.com/solutions/energysavings/whitepaper.php)
Assureon, Nexsan Technologies, NexScan and SATABeast are registered trademarks and AutoMAID, DATABeast, SASBoy, SATABoy and The Edge are trademarks of Nexsan. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
*Annual Failure Rate
About Nexsan Corporation
Nexsan Corporation is a leading provider of energy-efficient, long-term storage systems. Nexsan delivers secure storage appliances and modular, capacity-optimized disk-storage systems for a broad range of applications including fixed content storage and archiving, email, medical imaging, compliance and litigation support, disk-based backup, digital video security and rich media. Nexsan’s solutions are the choice of small and medium-sized companies as well as large global enterprises and major governmental agencies around the world who are seeking cost-correct, high-density storage solutions. Founded in 1999 and based in Thousand, Oaks, California, Nexsan sells its products exclusively through a select global network of VARs, OEMs and system integrators.
For more information, please see the company's website at www.nexsan.com.
# # #
Tel: +44 (0) 1628 673 007
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of BondPR UK in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.