Learn to count with Sergeant Sum, get fit with Felix the Fitness Flea and find out where balloons really end up when they are released into the sky! ‘My Silver Balloon’ music CDs are a refreshing and original alternative to traditional nursery songs that will get your little ones swinging and a-jigging in the living room.
‘My Silver Balloon 1’ and ‘My Silver Balloon 2’ make perfect year-round gifts from newborn to age seven and NEW for Christmas 2008 is a special Christmas single, ‘Dougie’s Ho Ho Hoe Down!’
Aimed at the under sevens, your child’s face will light up when recognising their name sung throughout each ‘My Silver Balloon’ song by colourful characters such as Dougie the Barn Dancing Dog, and the raspberry blowing clown in ‘Clowning with Sounding’. The gentle tone of Channel 4’s Jon Snow rounds off each CD with an exciting adventure story of Poochki bear and his silver balloon.
Fed up with the traditional and repetitive selection of nursery rhyme music available on the market, parents of Ethan (now 6) Kerry and Neil Blackburn decided to make their own children’s music and founded www.silverballoon.com.
By bringing together Channel 4’s Jon Snow, Mathew Priest of 90s pop band Dodgy, Will Young’s songwriter Patrick Byrne and vocalist Beccy Byrne, www.silverballoon.com has restored sanity to 1000s of households across the UK with its sensationally creative, fun and interactive CDs ‘My Silver Balloon 1’ and ‘My Silver Balloon 2’ which feature your child’s name in music - and not a Twinkle Twinkle or Okey Cokey in sight.
With respected lyricists, musicians and vocalists who have performed with popular favourites Robbie Williams, Catatonia and Dodgy – the music has been carefully crafted to be educational, interactive, funky and fun to appeal to children. And even parents won’t mind being caught out humming along to the Jungle Rumble!
Silver Balloon has sold over 300,000 CDs to-date. No mean feat considering it relies entirely on online transactions and direct sales mostly gained through word of mouth from the cognoscenti in this field - that is the parents who buy and the children who jig and sway away to ‘their’ very own music.
Where can I buy?
Click onto www.silverballoon.com and listen to a sample of music from each CD. Click onto your child’s name and select the CD you would like to buy. ‘My Silver Balloon 1’ and ‘My Silver Balloon 2’ cost £14.00 each plus P&P. ‘Dougie’s Ho Ho Hoe Down’ is free when buying another CD or costs £2.00 plus P&P when bought alone. For mail order call 0845 2262326.
- ENDS -
Notes to Editors:
1. Silver Balloon is prepared to offer readers a discount when buying its CDs in the run up to Christmas. If you would like to find out more or to arrange a discount for your readers, contact Michelle @ Minx PR on 020 8288 0849.
2. The Silver Balloon Team
• Mathew Priest - Songwriter/Producer/Performer: The founding member of chart-topping band Dodgy, Mathew’s career started in 1991. His chart success includes hits such as 'Good Enough', 'Staying out for the Summer', and 'In a Room', selling over 2 million records worldwide. 'Good Enough' was the most widely played song on British radio in 1996. Nowadays Mathew combines his own musical career with managing and producing a multitude of artists. He DJs on BBC London and 6Music, and helps take care of his inspiration for the 'Silver Balloon' songs, his 3 year-old son Oscar.
• Jon Snow - Narrator of 'Poochki and the Silver Balloon' and ‘Bear Town Carnival’ bedtime story tracks: Jon is one of Britain’s most well known and respected broadcasters. He is the Channel Four News anchorman and throughout an illustrious career he has interviewed many of the world’s top statesmen, politicians and celebrities. He donated his fee for narrating the story to the New Horizons charity for homeless teenagers, of which he is patron. When asked to comment on his new role as narrator of children’s stories, Jon said, "bears and lost balloons don’t feature highly in a newsreader’s scripts, but it’s nice to be asked to do something different. When my children were young they were always curious about where balloons they released ended up. If you can stand listening to the old bloke narrating the story, it’s a pretty good tale.”
• Beccy Byrne - Female Vocalist / Keyboards: Beccy’s career as a vocalist and keyboard player has seen her in the studio and on stage with artists such as Catatonia, Robbie Williams, Pulp, and Paul Heaton of ‘The Beautiful South’. Beccy studied at Newcastle College of Music specializing in Jazz and Popular Music. She has also worked as a piano and singing teacher, and now spends her time balancing her role as a mother to Louis, with her career in the pop world.
• Patrick Byrne - Songwriter/Producer/Performer: Patrick has been making quite a name for himself for several years now with his band ‘Byrne’. In 2002 he released his debut album, ‘Slowly and Gloriously’ which received rave reviews from the music world, with the NME magazine giving him a rare 8/10 for his “happy/sad psychedelic-pop”. Patrick’s collaboration with Mathew on Silver Balloon has produced some fantastically unique and entertaining songs, all tried and tested on Patrick’s one-year-old, Louis.
• Kerry Blackburn - Director and co-creator of 'Silver Balloon': Kerry is the author of the CD one’s bedtime story track, ‘Poochki and the Silver Balloon’. Kerry was a journalist for more than 20 years, starting her career with the Dagenham Post, moving on to the BBC as a reporter and producer, and finally to Channel 4 News. She gave up her job as a Senior Editor to concentrate on bringing up her son Ethan and to work on growing Silver Balloon with her husband Neil.
• Neil Blackburn - Director, co-creator of 'Silver Balloon': After working for several blue-chip companies, Neil co-founded the country’s foremost internet moderation company, Chat Moderators, in 1999, employing human moderators to ensure the safety of chat rooms and message forums. The company’s portfolio of clients included the Government, ITV’s Pop Idol, Liverpool Football Club and the Beatles. Neil also served on the Government’s Internet Taskforce where he advised on child protection on the web. The birth of his first child, Ethan, in December 2002, gave Neil the idea of commissioning original music for children. He sold his share in Chat Moderators to concentrate on the launch of Silver Balloon. He is also the co-author of CD 2’s story ‘Bear Town Carnival’.
For press enquiries, samples and photography please call Michelle Redmond at Minx PR on 020 8288 0849 / 07734 681796 or email email@example.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Minx PR in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Leisure & Hobbies, Women's Interest & Beauty, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.