Crawley, UK – 3rd September 2008, Ability Software International, which recently launched its comprehensive ASI range of business solutions, has added a clever new tool to its product portfolio. ASI BeAnywhere Remote Access is a fast, completely secure way to access up to three computers remotely, and is available in an easy to use USB device.
Unlike web-based remote access services, ASI BeAnywhere’s device allows a user to set up any PC to be a remotely accessible (server) in less than a minute. When the user wishes to access their computer, they simply plug the same device into the USB port of an Internet-connected PC (client) at any location, and all their files, documents, emails and even applications will appear on-screen, to be worked with exactly as if the user were sitting in front of the remote PC. When they have finished, they simply remove the USB drive and all traces are gone from the PC used for access.
ASI BeAnywhere, which will be priced at £39.99 inc. VAT for 3 ‘server’ installs and one year’s service, is ideal for a vast audience ranging from mobile workers and students through to technical support professionals and remote training providers.
Chris England, Product Director at Ability Software International, said: “The BeAnywhere Drive is a physical product, which makes it more appealing to users, and it delivers considerable extra functionality and value over and above its competition. As our workforce moves more and more towards mobile working, this solution becomes highly appropriate and its low price will be very attractive to a broad audience.”
Key features of the product/service:
• It can be installed onto up to three Internet-connected PC’s which can then be remotely accessed
• Remote access to any of those PC’s is then available by plugging the BeAnywhere drive into any other Internet-connected PC, thus avoiding issues hampering alternative solutions that are solely web-based
• No technical knowledge whatsoever is required with BeAnywhere’s Universal Networking and Zero Configuration features
• A three-layer security system ensures the safety of the user and the system and access leaves no trace once the user has finished
• There is no geographical limit to the location from where a user can remotely access their PC
• Users can transfer files to and from the remote computer securely and easily
• They can share files of any size, by simply selecting the file and one or multiple recipients’ email addresses, to which a secure download link will be sent. The user controls how long the file is available, and how often it can be downloaded
• Unlimited numbers of files and folders can be easily synchronised between the remote and local PC
• Users can invite a friend or colleague to share the screen, or control the keyboard and mouse (particularly useful if you want technical support to fix an unrelated problem on your PC)
• The user decides the level of control and for how long
• The BeAnywhere drive can also be used as a portable storage device, providing 1Gb of portable space
ASI BeAnywhere will be available in September 2008 from leading independent retailers and online stores. Further information on the full ASI Business Range can be found at: www.ASIability.com
About Ability Software International
Established in 1986, Ability Software International (ASI, formerly ‘Ability’) is a global provider of cost-effective desktop software applications designed for the home user, small business and education markets. ASI offers SMEs and start-ups the only suite of essential office productivity software tools consistently branded across one range. ASI’s Ability Office suite is fully Vista compatible and will also run on Windows XP systems. The ASI range includes interoperable applications for word processing; accountancy and spreadsheets; presentations, graphics and images; business planning; human resources; databases; and IT security. The software is distinguished by its low memory footprint and uses a simple, intuitive and familiar user interface. The ASI range is distributed through resellers, OEM partnerships and retailers.
ASI Ability is a Formjet plc (FMJ.L) company. Formjet has developed PC software suites, based on the ASI range, for major retail chains including Tesco and Woolworths. Operational in the UK, US, Benelux, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Canada, South Africa, Australia, France and Germany, ASI Ability is a headquartered in Crawley, UK. For more information please visit www.asiability.com or www.formjet.co.uk
Ellie Turner / Melanie Hesketh, Prompt Communications
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8996 1650
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris England, Ability Software Int., 0870 600 1434 or chris@ASIability.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Prompt Communications Ltd in the following categories: Men's Interest, Consumer Technology, Business & Finance, Travel, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.