DIARY NOTE: THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 11th 2008 – LONDON
In October 1991, reports about unprecedented set of weather circumstances in the North Atlantic were greeted with disbelief and denial - reactions familiar in company turnaround. The conflagration turned into an epic ‘perfect storm’ that raged for six days. This year, the international credit crunch, oil shock and housing crisis foreshadow a predicted stormy autumn and bleak prognosis for the real economy.
The Institute for Turnaround national conference 2008 is no rehearsal in complacency. Turnaround skills can help even the best performing businesses do better and in the current economic downturn they are indispensable. We are entering an information-light turnaround war zone, when demand for top navigators, communicators and operators is bound to exceed supply.
Our speakers have an outstanding array of practical and strategic experience to share – and we can guarantee you won’t have heard it all before! They include:
• Simon Mansfield, Goldman Sachs, on trends in distressed sectors
• KPMG’s John Darlington explains how to turn ‘a sow’s ear into a silk purse’
• Channel 4 Chairman Luke Johnson gives a ‘maverick’s view of turnaround’
• Retail analyst Nick Bubb and Burdale Bank of Ireland talk retail and finding turnaround finance
• Pippa Wicks, Managing Partner, AlixPartners examines a timeline of European trends, illustrated through case work
• Little Chef Chief Ian Pegler talks about ‘serving up a better deal’ for his business
• Discover ‘how Boris will Turnaround London’
• Treasury Shadow Economic Minister Justine Greening sets out plans for ‘reforming the Enterprise Culture’
For further information and pre or post conference interviews, contact:
Christine Elliott, Chief Executive firstname.lastname@example.org
Out of hours emails: email@example.com
Telephone – 020 7324 6219; Mobile – 07812 370121
Emma Taylor, Marketing Services Executive – 020 7324 6217
1. The Institute for Turnaround (IFT) is Europe’s leading professional body for the whole Turnaround Community. IFT was founded in 2000 as The Society of Turnaround Professionals. We represent a unique audience responsible for funding, structuring, negotiating and executing business turnaround that shapes the real economy. We have a membership of rigorously accredited turnaround executives and advisers, with corporate partners representing the best in law, accountancy, corporate banking and finance, private equity and other experts involved in the field.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Institute for Turnaround in the following categories: Business & Finance, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.