Embargoed until 00:00hrs Monday, 15th September
Misery of eczema causes 1 in 6 mums to say ‘no’ to more children
- Shock results reveal true impact of skin condition on family life -
New survey reveals the true extent to which eczema is potentially affecting millions of families nationwide. A survey conducted by Oilatum Junior with parents and carers of children with eczema revealed:
- As many as one in six mums say the all too common skin complaint has put them off having more children
- One in five mums say their children have been bullied because of eczema
- Nearly one in three (28%) say it’s had a massive impact on family life
- 32% admit the stress caused by eczema regularly results in family arguments
- 1 in 10 said they don’t have time for their partner as a result of caring and treating the affected child
- 1 in 6 children have had to forego fun activities such as swimming or sleepovers
Fighting what feels like, a losing battle, is affecting a whole generation of mums’ confidence in their parenting abilities. One in six say they feel like a failure as a mum because they can’t control their child’s condition. A massive one in four (23%) worry others may think they’re a bad parent. Meanwhile, the emotional rollercoaster of coping with their child’s eczema has led to a further one in four (25%)guiltily admitting they even feel irritated towards their child sometimes, even though they know that’s irrational.
The shocking results have prompted the publication of a new guide for parents: ‘Take Control of Your Child’s Eczema’, to empower parents to manage their children’s eczema with confidence, available free from www.oilatum.co.uk
For a full copy of the press release and the survey results please contact Helen Liddell-Grainger at Spink on email@example.com or telephone 01444 484888
Notes to editors:
Oilatum Junior Cream is priced £5.49 for 150g or £7.49 for 350ml. Oilatum Junior Emollient Bath Additive is available in two pack sizes: £4.95 for 150ml, £8.95 for 300ml. Available from all good pharmacies, and selected supermarkets.
Visit the website for more information, www.oilatum.co.uk
For more information on eczema visit the National Eczema Society www.eczema.org
The National Eczema Society is registered as a Charity with the Charity Commission for England and Wales Under no 1009671.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Spink Ltd in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Health, Women's Interest & Beauty, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.