The Y Design Awards (YDA), were a roaring success last Wednesday 17th September at the Royal Festival Hall. Organised by Carrenza and part of London Design Festival 2008, the Y Design Awards recognise the finest achievements in digital creativity.
The glittering ceremony in the Clore Ballroom brought together the UK’s digital design community, where the winners were announced across nine categories. The ceremony was the climax to D3 – a fully interactive Digital Design Day organised by Carrenza - during which many of the agencies shared advice with design students on how to improve their portfolios.
The judges included respected practitioners from the UK’s design community, including Malcolm Garrett RDI, Creative Director, AIG and Nat Hunter, Managing Director of Airside. The entries were rated on a whole range of criteria, from interactivity to multi-sensory appeal. They were then given scores for creativity and originality, design and content, and very importantly the user experience.
Carrenza CEO and YDA Judge since its inception, Dan Sutherland, said of the YDA, “The standard of entries continues to spiral upwards, with some tough competition this year. This only serves to demonstrate what we already knew, that London continues to thrive as a creative hub, with new and emerging talent flourishing alongside the more established agencies. We’re genuinely delighted with the reception of the awards, and hope to continue their success next year.”
The winners this year were:
• the YDA judges award - Poke for Orange Balloonacy
• the YDA community award - Offscreen Education Programme for Offscreen Expedition
• the YDA dynamic award - KentLyons for Get London Reading
• the YDA ethical award - magneticNorth for BBC Climate Change
• the YDA interactive award - Agency Republic for Mercedes C Class
• the YDA mobile design award - magneticNorth for Saxton
• the YDA mobile technology award - Micazook for i-Citizen Community
• the YDA open source award - Poke for Orange Balloonacy
• the YDA technology innovation award – Poke for Orange Unlimited
For a full list of entries, see http://www.ydesignawards.com/winners-2008.seam
About the judges
The 2008 Y Design Awards judging panel:
• Oli Christie, Creative Director, Inbox – http://www.inbox.co.uk
• Jay Corless, Media and Business Development, The London Design Festival - http://www.londondesignfestival.com
• Malcolm Garrett RDI, Creative Director, AIG (Applied Information Group) - http://www.aiglondon.com
• Nat Hunter, Managing Director/Founder, Airside - http://www.airside.co.uk
• Dan Sutherland, CEO/ Founder, Carrenza - http://www.carrenza.com
• Jim Thacker, Editor, 3D World, http://www.3dworldmag.com/
• Chris Walker, Director of Technology , Agency.com - http://agency.com
About the Y Design Awards
The Y Design Awards promote and celebrate digital design and are in association with London Design Festival which runs from 13th – 23rd September 2008. This year’s sponsors include: Carrenza, London Design Festival, dynamolondon and Kirin Beer. The 2007 Y Design People’s Choice Award was won by Andres Rojas from Illumina Digital for his work for BCC Empires Children.
For further information go to http://www.ydesignawards.com
About the London Design Festival
Established in 2003 to celebrate and promote London as the creative capital of the world, The London Design Festival has grown rapidly to become one of the key constituents of the UK’s burgeoning creative festival season and has established itself as a major event on the international design calendar, appealing to an increasingly wide audience.
Carrenza provides operational consultancy and enterprise managed technology services to businesses with demanding communication needs. Its flagship enterprise computing platform provides a truly scalable, flexible computing resource and is backed up by advice and strategy direction from Carrenza’s consulting team. Founded in 2001, Carrenza has built a solid base of clients, which include: eBay, Saatchi & Saatchi, Comic Relief, Tribal DDB, Haymarket, Toptable and SDL International.
For further information go to http://www.carrenza.com/
Carrenza press contacts:
Sam Grace/ Bryony Beynon
T: 0207 494 6570
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Speed Communications in the following categories: Entertainment & Arts, Consumer Technology, Education & Human Resources, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.