- Eco-friendly Baglite charges in sunlight and artificial light -
- Provides over 3 hours lighting when charged –
- Retailing at £23 from all good bike shops in time for Christmas –
- Launching at Interbike Las Vegas, 24th September 2008
24 September 2008 – Baglite - a unique new solar-powered, eco-friendly lighting product worn over the shoulders and fitting over any backpack or bag will be keeping cyclists safe on the roads and protecting commuters and children as they walk to and from school this winter.
This latest eco-friendly lighting product from award-winning, safety lighting specialist Pedalite, is launching at Amercia’s biggest bike show Interbike in Las Vegas today. The product will be available in all good bike shops in time for Christmas priced at around £23.
Slotting over any size bag or rucksack, Baglite provides super-bright lighting that illuminates people and their bags with no need for batteries. Using a new unique 360 degree floodlight module there is a single red floodlight at the back and two white floodlights at the front attached to straps that fit to the straps of a backpack. The lights shine at every angle so cyclists and children wearing Baglites will be seen clearly by motorists any time day or night from 1km away. The lights can be turned on and off and set to different modes –flashing, constant or off.
Baglite provides light that shines out brightly from a position on the body that creates high visibility for motorists and also solves the problem of people not being seen from the side, the major cause of accidents involving cyclists in the UK. According to the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, more than 75 per cent of accidents involving bicycles in the UK are at road junctions where cycles need to be seen from the side.
As the mornings and evenings draw in, Baglite is particularly useful for schoolchildren walking to school, commuters walking to the station or to work and its durability even allows for hikers to stay illuminated without worrying about batteries running out or finding an electricity charging point.
With over 600 million batteries (22,000 tonnes) disposed of by UK consumers (source DEFRA) every year, Baglite is an eco-friendly product that charges both in direct sunlight and in artificial light – at the office or school or just popped on the windowsill for a few hours at home. It provides over three hours of flashing light from a full charge and provides super bright lights to create strong visibility to road users. The saving on batteries alone means that Baglite enjoys a cost payback as well as helping protect the environment.
The lightweight lights are weather and impact resistant. Simple to fit and so comfortable to wear that you don’t know you have them on. They require no maintenance and ensure that commuters and school children are cyclists can ride secure in the knowledge that they, and not just their bikes, are clearly visible at all times.
Tony Doyle, a former World Champion Cyclist says, “Baglite is another really clever invention from Pedalite. The fact that it is solar powered and charges in natural and artificial light means there is no need for people to worry about batteries. It is great design which will help keep cyclists safer on the roads and ensure that children walking to and from school can be seen at pedestrian crossings. I think it will prove a hit with people this Christmas.”
Simon Theobald, Managing Director of Pedalite, “We think Baglite will appeal to cyclists and parents of children walking to and from school because it is practical, clever, environmentally friendly and most of all, it provides hassle-free bright lighting that could save lives. The energy harvesting technologies that have made Pedalite a worldwide leader in battery free cycle lighting have been able to be used to create this unique lighting product for use by everyone”
Baglite’s battery free ‘green’ credentials will appeal to those of us who are environmentally conscious and even Pedalite’s packaging avoids any unnecessary plastic and is made from recycled cardboard.
Baglite is distributed in the UK by the leading cycle manufacturer and distributor, Raleigh and will be in all good bike stores in time for Christmas from £23.
Key features of the Baglite are:
• Unique 360 degree floodlight module
• Multiple superbright LEDs per module light which floods across the lens as well as directional
• Constant or flashing modes
• Maintenance free – fit and forget
• Fits all sizes of rucksacks and backpacks
• Allows easy access to bags while fitted
• Lightweight and comfortable
• Weather and impact resistant
• Powered by stored natural and artificial light energy
• No batteries or mains charging required
• Hi visibility reflective strips
• 3+ hours of flashing light from a full charge
• Unique, patented, technology to help you put safety first
Notes to Editors:
About Pedalite International
•Pedalite International Ltd design and make cycling accessory products for Safety, Health and the Environment with Quality built in. The products are available worldwide from all good retailers and the range of unique products continues to expand.
• Pedalite products are now used by thousands of cyclists in over 33 countries, Pedalite products protect the environment by eliminating highly caustic battery waste.
• Tony Doyle MBE, twice World Pursuit Champion and four times European Track Champion is an ambassador and spokesperson for Pedalite International Ltd. Tony will be promoting the Pedalite products at exhibitions, cycling shows and through cycling clubs, retail outlets and in schools throughout the UK, highlighting the part they play in cycling safety. As spokesperson, Tony also plays a key role in helping explain, through the media, the importance to cyclists of using Pedalite products.
For more information, please contact:
Kathryn Hughes at Kayak PR:
Tel: 020 32491072/07801 823 839
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Kayak PR in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Men's Interest, Health, Leisure & Hobbies, Women's Interest & Beauty, Environment & Nature, Sport, Motoring, Transport & Logistics, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.