• Increased flexibility, enhanced user management and MS Office Business Adapter incorporated into latest version of portal development software
• Low implementation costs and fast development times combined in a low risk portal builder
London, 25 September 2008 - United Planet (www.unitedplanet.com), one of the leading developers of Enterprise Portal software in Europe, has today confirmed its commitment to providing easy-to-use, cost-effective, out-of-the-box Portal, Intranet and Web Application software with the launch of Intrexx Xtreme 4.5. The integration of the dynamic Groovy scripting language will dramatically increase the flexibility with which portal developers can create Intrexx applications. The MS Office Business Adapter enables the processing and storage of Office documents directly on the portal. Improved user management enables businesses to replicate user management of existing LDAP servers.
Commenting on the launch, Alex Marsch, managing director, United Planet Limited, said: “Document management is a critical issue for every business. As more and more companies use Portals and Intranets to store and share information across the enterprise, the need for effective document management in the Portal environment has never been so important. Intrexx Xtreme 4.5 provides the ideal solution by dovetailing document management with Office applications, simplifying the entire process. The new version also makes it easier for individuals to research information stored on the portal by enabling additional information about each document to be entered directly in Office and transferred into the portal for storage.
“The fact that Intrexx Xtreme 4.5 facilitates the integration of MS Office from 2003 onwards, unlike many other portal solutions which only support MS Office 2007, means that our customers will be able to manage and access all documents without the need for a costly upgrade to the latest version of Office,” he added.
• Groovy – The integration of this easy-to-use scripting language will simplify programming of processes and web services and will ensure that Intrexx Xtreme can be easily adapted to incorporate future developments. Programming that filled a complete page in Java requires just a few lines in Groovy.
• MS Office Business Adapter – management of MS Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint files is simplified significantly. The MS Office business adapter is stored in the portal ensuring that documents can be opened quickly, edited and stored again in the portal. This bypasses the need to use a browser with the associated download and upload mechanisms previously required.
• Improved User Management - organisational units, groups and roles can be set up in the portal in exactly the same way as in LDAP systems. The portal language in which the portal is started when the user logs on can be stored in the user management system, a feature that will be most important for companies with international operations.
The introduction of new features in Intrexx Xtreme 4.5 is not expected to result in an increase in licence prices. Axel Wessendorf, founder and CEO of United Planet, explains that: “The increasing number of businesses and organisations that have invested in Intrexx Xtreme has enabled us to spread our development costs. Our customers will also continue benefit from reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) levels we are able to offer, compared to our competitors. Rival products are on average three times more costly to implement than Intrexx Xtreme. We are able to minimise implementation costs because of our commitment to ‘drag and drop’ technology and pre-created solutions. This not only means that the project can be completed faster, but with fewer risks.”
More detailed information about Intrexx Xtreme 4.5 portal software can be found at: www.intrexx.com.
About United Planet
United Planet is one of the leading developers of Enterprise Portals in Europe. Its Java based, standard software, Intrexx Xtreme, enables companies to create out-of-the-box Enterprise Portals, Intranets and Web Applications cost effectively, without the need for programming by using ‘drag and drop’ technology and pre-created solutions for quality management, document management and process management to optimise internal workflow. Intrexx Xtreme runs on Windows as well as on Linux and Sun Solaris, and incorporates several Business Adapters to ensure that third-party data from Microsoft, Lotus Notes and other ERP solutions can be easily integrated in the Intrexx Portal. United Planet is headquartered in Freiburg in Germany and also has offices in Windsor in the UK. The company is supported by over 100 Business Partners worldwide.
For further information, please contact:
Mel Oxford/Andrea Burton
T: 07515 632065 / 01985 850320
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Indigo River in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.