Tracesmart, renowned for helping companies to trace people and conduct electronic identity checks, have been granted a license by British Telecomm (BT) to hold the Operator Services Information System (OSIS) database, which contains all listed telephone numbers in the UK. Holding the OSIS data in-house will both quicken telephone look-ups and enhance overall systems performance.
Historically no single organisation was responsible for assembling all UK telephone numbers as although BT was the main source of telephone number information, they did not hold other telecommunication companies telephone numbers. As such in 1999 a subdivision of BT, The Directory Solutions Unit (DSU) was formed to act as an independent body with their prime duty being to collate telephone number information from several sources, including BT, Cable Companies and Mobile Phone providers. Today the DSU administer OSIS and provide licensees with a daily file containing between 30,000-100,000 added, deleted or amended UK telephone numbers.
The daily supply of data from OSIS means Tracesmart's Customers will see a further increase in system performance as Paul Weathersby, Technical Director at Tracesmart, explains "Following a comprehensive data security audit, where we thoroughly demonstrated how extremely stalwart and resilient our in-house data protection measures are, we have now been granted direct access to the OSIS data. Previously we relied on a third party supplier for the data but now that we have it in house our customers can conduct faster telephone look ups and the system as a whole runs more efficiently."
Obtaining accurate telephone numbers is an essential part of any form of tracing, whether it be an asset reunification project aiming to reunite unclaimed assets with their rightful owner or an exercise to locate absconded debtors; having instant access to the relevant telephone number allows the tracer to facilitate instant contact. Telephone numbers are supplied via the company's tracing, identity verification and data cleansingservices.
Maximising performance is a key part of Tracesmart's commitment to its client base as Mike Trezise, Managing Director of Tracesmart, commented, "I know firsthand how utilising accurate data is paramount for success and as such Tracesmart constantly aims to supply its customers with accurate, instantly accessible data in order to ensure they get the results they need. As a company we are committed to constantly upgrading and improving our service offerings and new data acquisition is a key part of this process – we will always strive to enhance the customer experience through the provision of comprehensive data."
Notes to Editors:
* Tracesmart - was formed in 1999 and supply a diverse range of consumer data cleansing, identity check and tracing tools to a wide variety of industries. Their client base ranges from SME to Blue Chip, who are all recipients of bespoke solutions, built around their specific needs.
* Paul Weathersby – Tracesmart's Technical Director, Weathersby is the driving force behind the development and production of Tracesmart's suite of web-based services, and manages and directs their experienced IT team.
* Michael Trezise - is the founder and Managing Director of Tracesmart. With over 25 years tracing and fraud analysis experience his unrivalled knowledge provides the company with a distinct competitive advantage.
Contact: Adam Smith – Marketing Manager
* Tracesmart Ltd
* 2 Sovereign Quay
* Havannah Street
* CF10 5SF
* Tel: 02920 474 120
* Mobile: 07976 637 091
* Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Images available on request.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Tracesmart Ltd in the following categories: Business & Finance, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.