Qualcomm, Intuit and BioWare are among leading companies showcasing SPM solutions that result in major cost savings and software development productivity gains
October 2, 2008 -- Electric Cloud®, a leading provider of software production management (SPM) solutions, today announced that industry leaders such as PayPal, Qualcomm, Intuit, Cadence Design Systems and BioWare will be showcasing the cost savings and software development productivity gained through SPM solutions at Electric Cloud's first Customer Summit, October 2-3, 2008 in San Jose, Calif.
SPM optimises the "back end" of the software development lifecycle, or the build-test-deploy processes, in both physical and virtual IT environments. Many Electric Cloud customers have demonstrated annual productivity gains and cost savings of more than $2 million each with the company's award-winning products: ElectricCommander®, ElectricAccelerator®, and ElectricInsight®, which automate, accelerate and analyse SPM.
The Electric Cloud Customer Summit is an opportunity for organisations to share their agile development approaches and glean important data points to help with their continuous integration efforts. Representatives from more than 35 companies will discuss best practices for supporting agile development and distributed development teams as well as methodologies for extracting key development metrics from the software build-test-deploy processes.
“Agile development demands fast, frequent integration and testing, preferably driven by developers,” said Mike Maciag, Electric Cloud CEO. “SPM helps leading organisations meet these demands, and it is increasingly seen as mission critical. This is evidenced by the great response we’re getting to Electric Cloud’s first Customer Summit as well as the continued momentum of our business.”
Examples of customer successes that will be shared at the Electric Cloud Customer Summit include:
• BioWare: Using Electric Cloud’s ElectricCommander, the gaming developer has reduced time-wasting broken builds by more than 90 percent and accelerated tests by 75 percent to enable an agile development process;
• Intuit: The QuickBooks developer has moved to an agile, continuous integration approach, using ElectricAccelerator for integrating QuickBooks every 20 minutes throughout the day, instead of every three or four hours;
• LSI Logic: A leader in storage and networking, LSI Logic integrates and tests 25-35 branches within a day (down from three to four days) utilising Electric Cloud SPM software.
Electric Cloud Momentum Precedes Customer Summit
The Electric Cloud Customer Summit comes during a period of strong customer and market growth for the company. SPM solutions are gaining momentum among agile development teams across a variety of industries, including automotive, aerospace, telecommunications, financial services, network communications, and semiconductors.
• The leading worldwide mobile phone providers* and largest mobile chipset providers are now using Electric Cloud for SPM and agile development – and two have completed over one million software builds using ElectricAccelerator
• Over 50 percent of the leading network and communications equipment providers are Electric Cloud customers
• Over 50 percent of the leading computer software providers use Electric Cloud SPM solutions
• Half of the top fabless semiconductor companies are Electric Cloud customers**
"Software production management enables organisations to be strategic in their development while quickly delivering high quality product to customers, even in the most complex enterprise environments," said Theresa Lanowitz, analyst for voke, Inc. "Highly optimised organisations are experiencing tremendous return on investment – in some cases upwards of $2 million per year -- by treating SPM as a critical component of the application lifecycle.”
About Electric Cloud
Electric Cloud is the leading provider of software production management (SPM) solutions. Electric Cloud solutions automate, accelerate and analyse software build-test-deploy processes to optimise both physical and virtual IT environments. The company's patented and award-winning products help development organisations to speed time to market, boost developer productivity, and improve software quality. Leading companies across a variety of industries, including semiconductors, enterprise IT, ISVs, mobile devices, and transactional Web sites rely on Electric Cloud's Software Production Management solutions to transform software production from a liability to a competitive advantage. For customer inquiries please contact Electric Cloud at (408) 419-4300 or www.electric-cloud.com.
*IDC - http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS21053908
** as defined by the Global Semiconductor Alliance
# # #
© 2003-2008 Electric Cloud, Inc. All rights reserved. Electric Cloud, ElectricInsight, ElectricAccelerator, ElectricCommander and Electric Make are registered trademarks of Electric Cloud. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of BigSMALL PR in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.