The new ‘Chokolit’ collection, recently launched nationwide, is the British chocolate brand with delicious chocolate products and an ethical and environmental conscience. Created in 2005 from his parent’s kitchen in Staffordshire, by the then aged 14 year old entrepreneur and English chocolatier Louis Barnett, Chokolit’s makes by hand; artisan chocolate that give something back to the environment by not using palm oil which is directly linked to Orang-Utan habitat loss.
The Chokolit collection comprises of nine impressive, scrumptious creations – large and small dark chocolate Chokolit Couture Hand Bags, ideal for fashionistas; the dark chocolate Chokolit Champagne Flute, perfect for any party; Chokolit chocolate-shavings box made for warm milk – the only hot chocolate to have this winter. Also available are the selection of vegetarian-approved Chokolit Jelly Selection Boxes made from natural fruit compound and agar; flavoured Chokolit chocolate Selection Boxes coming in large (nine Chokolits) and small (three Chokolits) sizes and large and small Chokolit liqueur boxes. Also arriving this winter will be the single Chokolit mint fondant chocolate in an edible, festive decorated box made from dark chocolate – lovely for Christmas.
The collection is an experience for the taste buds as well as the eyes and is available in Selfridges in Birmingham and in London (found in the confectionery section of the food hall) as well as good local delicatessens. Chokolit avoids environmentally detrimental ingredients like palm oil so eating chocolate has never been so good or rewarding to the buyer and the environment!
Also available are the ‘Chokolit Orang-utan Biting Back Bars™ which come in three tasty flavours that makes an ideal gift for a friend or family member who expects something a little more than just chocolate, and at £1.99 for 75g it’s affordable and tasty.
Chokolit’s Orang-utan Biting Back Bar™ is the luscious premium dark chocolate bar with a hint of orange that gives five pence per bar purchased to the ‘Sumatran Orang-utan Society’ and five pence per bar purchased to ‘Chester Zoo’s Bornean Orang-utan Conservation Programme’! The bar is 53.8% cocoa and is a delicious alternative to ordinary chocolate bars. This bar is available to buy at www.chokolit.co.uk, in a wide range of locations nationally including major Sainsbury’s stores, Selfridge’s stores and many zoos across the country.
Chokolit’s Amur Tiger & Leopard Biting Back Bar™ is the appetising premium milk chocolate bar with a crunch that gives ten pence per bar purchased to ‘ALTA’, the Amur Leopard and Tiger Alliance. This bar is exclusive to major Sainsbury’s stores.
Chokolit Tiger Biting Back Bar™ is the smooth white chocolate bar with a hint of lemon that gives ten pence per bar purchased to ‘Tiger Awareness’. This bar is exclusive to major Sainsbury’s stores.
Louis Barnett says; “I started making chocolate cakes for my family when I was 11. I am now 16 and have produced some really unique chocolate products including our Champagne Flute which doesn’t melt in your hand when filled with a cool drink. We use no palm oil in our chocolate and we hope the flavours and products in the collection reflect the love and dedication we have put into them and are enjoyed by all.”
- Ends -
Notes for Editors –
Unit 5, Faraday Drive,
01746 764 932
The Chokolit collection –
• The Chokolit Champagne Flute is premium dark chocolate. As they are all hand made, the weight fluctuates between 75g and 85g. They are £9.99 and exclusive to Selfridges (and you CAN eat the flute after your drink)
• The Chokolit large dark chocolate Couture Hand Bag is made from premium dark chocolate, is 1.1kg, £79.99 and exclusive to Selfridges (and you CAN eat the bag)
• The Chokolit small dark chocolate Couture Hand Bag is made from premium dark chocolate, filled with vegetarian approved jellies, 200g, £22.00 and exclusive to Selfridges (and you CAN eat the bag)
• The Chokolit Chocolate-Shavings Box comprises of milk Chokolit shavings with a Chokolit spoon, 200g, £19.99 and exclusive to Selfridges
• The Chokolit Jellies Box comprises of three vegetarian approved natural fruit jellies, 70g, £4.49 and available in Selfridges and good deli’s. They come in the following flavours – orange, raspberry, orange and raspberry, lemon, apple, pear, cherry and blackcurrant
• The Chokolit small chocolate selection box comprises of three individual Chokolits, 65g, £3.79 and available in Selfridges and good deli’s. They come in the following flavours -
2 x peanut brittle butter caramel and 1 x banoffee
2 x hazelnut praline and 1 x gianduja
2 x coffee crème and 1 x rum crème
3 x crème de menthe
• The Chokolit large chocolate selection box comprises of nine individual Chokolits (3x3), 250g, £15.00 and available in Selfridges and good deli’s. The flavours reflect the selection in the little boxes above
• The Big box of liqueur Chokolits comprises of nine chokolits - 3 whisky, 3 amaretto, 3 cointreau. These are available to delis and prices range nationally
• The Little box of liqueur Chokolits comprises of 3 x one liqueur flavour Chokolits. These are available to delis and prices range nationally
• Chokolit’s Biting Back Bar™ is £1.99 (rrp) and prices may vary
• Chokolit’s Biting Back Bar™ is available at a wide range of locations nationally including Sainsbury’s, Selfridges and many zoos across the country
• Chokolit’s Orang-Utan Biting Back Bar™ is premium dark chocolate (53.8% cocoa)
• On its way is the Chokolit Mint Chocolate fondant which comes in an edible dark Chokolit box and adorned with Christmas designs, 65g and is £2.75 Waitrose is the only place where that sell these
• Chokolit is made by Louis Barnett
• Louis Barnett is an ambassador for the British Dyslexia Association and Make Your Mark
• Chokolit is made with Callebaut chocolate
• Chokolit uses absolutely no palm oil in any of its products
For more information on Chokolit and Louis Barnett please contact Gavin Kimble or Gwilym Morgan at EdenCancan on 020 7395 0500 or at
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of EDENCANCAN in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Men's Interest, Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, Environment & Nature, Food & Drink, Travel, Media & Marketing, Farming & Animals, Retail & Fashion, Manufacturing, Engineering & Energy, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.