Fight back against feeling run down this winter with Sambucol - the black elderberry extract supported by clinical research that helps to maintain a healthy immune system.
Black elderberries have been used for centuries as a home remedy to help maintain good health during the cold winter months as they contain a high level of natural antioxidants known as anthocyanins, which help maintain a healthy immune system.
And as the black elderberry has twice the antioxidant capacity of blueberries and significantly more than cranberries,1 Sambucol should be your first line of defence this winter when your immune system needs it the most.
In addition to their antioxidant properties, further health benefits of black elderberries were discovered 20 years ago by a leading virologist. This research revealed that the berries may contain a unique compound which coats viruses and limits their ability to penetrate and infect healthy cells.
Today the benefits of this compound and the antioxidant properties of black elderberries are preserved through a unique manufacturing method to produce a black elderberry extract, which can be found on the high street as Sambucol.
Available in liquid and lozenge formats Sambucol is suitable for all the family and when taken daily can help maintain a healthy immune system all year round. During the winter months when the immune system may be weakened and vulnerable to illness increasing your intake is recommended for additional immune support.
Expert immunologist and registered medical herbalist Dr Serene Foster says: “Black elderberries have been traditionally used to protect against a range of viral ailments because of their natural immune health properties. Recent research has confirmed that these dark purple fruits contain even higher levels of anthocyanins than blueberries and have almost twice the antioxidant capability of cranberries, making them an excellent addition to your winter health routine.
For more information on Sambucol visit www.sambucol.com and for research on clinical trials on black elderberry visit the website www.blackelderberry.info.
• Sambucol® Original £8.49 for 120ml available from Tesco, Nutri Centre and all good health food stores and independent pharmacies
• Sambucol® Immuno Forte containing vitamin C and zinc £8.99 for 120ml available from Boots, Holland & Barrett, Nutri Centre and all good health food stores and independent pharmacies
• Sambucol® Sugar Free £8.49 for 120ml available from Boots, Nutri Centre and all good health food stores and independent pharmacies
• Sambucol® for Children containing vitamin C £8.49 for 120ml available from Nutri Centre and all good health food stores and independent pharmacies
• Sambucol® Lozenges containing vitamin C £8.49 for 30 lozenges available from Nutri Centre and all good health food stores and independent pharmacies
- ends -
1 As measured by Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) – the method of measuring antioxidant capacities of different foods.
The values given for total ORAC are as follows:
Elderberries - Total-ORAC (umol TE/100 g) 14,697
Blueberries - Total-ORAC (umol TE/100 g) 6,552
For further information please contact:
Joanne Jarvis / 020 7202 8520 / email@example.com
Lizzie Andrews / 020 7202 8520 / firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Tiger White PR in the following categories: Health, Women's Interest & Beauty, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.