Christmas may come but once a year, but its impact is evident long after the event. Whilst we’re busy preparing for and enjoying the festivities, any thoughts on the environment are put towards the back of our minds. Well, Christmas is about having fun isn’t it?
Unfortunately, whilst the festivities preoccupy us we are adding to nearly 3 tonnes of waste dumped in the UK over the Christmas period alone. By cutting down on waste by buying less, recycling more, composting, using reusable bags and choosing products made from recycled materials or those that have less packaging, we can help reduce the overall waste and carbon emissions.
Biome Lifestyle, the online store for eco-friendly and ethically sourced products for the home, offers a great selection of Christmas gifts and decorations – so you can minimise your effect on the environment.
Available at biomelifestyle.com, you can finally unite style and eco for a greener Christmas through a wide range of products that are organic, recycled, sustainable and ethical.
Why not replace the paper, plastic and chocolate advent calendar from the supermarket with Biome Lifestyle’s soft felt calendar available in a Christmas tree or snowman design? The calendars are carefully made by a small collective of women in a small backstreet of Kathmandu, Nepal, where they hand produce their own chemical free felt from just hand soap and hot water. Or dress the tree with felt, off cut Perspex or fair trade and sustainable decorations.
Also new to Biome Lifestyle’s Christmas range this year are the play crackers, made from recycled paper and include an eco version of the family favourite snakes and ladders and UK made and printed stockings.
If you’re looking for gift ideas, Biome Lifestyle can help too with fair trade and organic chocolates, hand knitted toys and a lovely selection of natural beauty products.
Shoppers located in Central London will also benefit from the option of a new delivery service. For the same price as the normal postage, you can have items delivered by push-trikes – meaning your delivery has less impact on the environment and you can also have the option of same day delivery.
So, why not enjoy a greener Christmas thanks to Biome Lifestyle.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
• Biome Lifestyle is an online store for eco-friendly and ethically sourced products for the home
• All items are available from www.biomelifestyle.com
• This year, Biome Lifestyle's Christmas decorations include:
* Felt fair trade Christmas decorations - prices start at £1.75
* Sustainable and fair trade decorations – prices start at £2.00
* Wrapping paper, made from 100% recycled paper - £2.50 for 5 sheets
* Perspex decorations - prices start at £4.50
* UK Christmas stockings - £12
* Felt advent calendar, available in a Christmas tree and snowman design - £16
* Recycled wreath - £25
* Play crackers, made from recycled paper – £25 for 6
* Seed paper crackers - £25 for 6
• Biome Lifestyle also has a great range of gift ideas for her, for him, for children and for the home
Senior Account Executive
Biome Lifestyle Media Relations
The Bottom Line Consultancy
Tel: 01992 579990
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of The Bottom Line Consultancy Ltd in the following categories: Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.