1. Let the currently wonderful choice of Christmas decorations problem solve your room – if your space is a bit cold and bland then add rich reds, natural elements and gold to really warm things up. If your starting point is a bit dark and heavy, lighten the space with sparkly finishes, cool silver and light cream or white accessories. It’s all in the balance!
2. Transform a scented candle into a large style statement by placing it in a glass storm lamp to increase both table presence and light. For a real feel of winter try Ambi Pur’s Winter Collection scented candles, which are made with real perfume essence and available in the soft and creamy Winter Dream and warm and spicy Winter Woodland (£2.99 RRP).
3. Don’t go overboard with too many swags and garlands everywhere – it’s Christmas NOT camouflage time! Less is more, so spend your time and money on a well-dressed tree or some tasteful accessories that will enhance your existing décor.
4. In addition to the tree, the fireplace is one of the main focal points so make sure it looks stunning with decorative garlands and candles. You could also decorate the mantelpiece with holly, white berries and rich red poinsettias and add extra sparkle with fairy lights.
5. If you don't have a fireplace or mantelpiece to decorate then all is not lost! Simply create an alternative festive focal point! Try transforming a dresser, table or sideboard into your room’s festive eye catcher. Swag it with real or artificial greenery and bows, pile on baskets of fruit and add nuts and sweets mixed with candles and your favourite (edited, mind – not ALL!) Christmas cards.
6. For an eye-catching display, simply peg cards onto a bunch of sturdy twigs placed in a large vase. Or decorate an artificial potted tree with jewel coloured candy such as Quality Street or Celebrations! Wrap a little wire round each sweetie twist and suspend from the branches. Okay, so the candy won’t last long but the tree can be reused from year to year. You could also use shop bought cardholders, anything to keep cards neat and tidy!
7. Avoid splashing out on too many expressly Christmas items that can only be used once a year – instead fix classy foil snowflake stickers to your existing champagne flutes and side plates to add temporary sparkle without the expense!
8. Start outside – hang a festive wreath on your front door to give family and friends a warm welcome and, if your florist is making your wreath or garland, ask for all the off cuts and use them on the mantelpiece to tie your ‘in and out’ looks together.
9. Gather pine cones and pile them into baskets interspersed with a few that you’ve sprayed gold or silver. Or add a few pretty baubles to the mix. A great – and inexpensive - way to create a natural look with just a little added shimmer!
10. Scatter wrapped chocolate coins across your Christmas lunch table for delicious added sparkle. A great way to persuade the kids to behave on the promise of a ‘hoover up’ after the meal!
11. Be style aware – add colours, shapes and mediums that tie in with your existing room. If ‘Eames’ style mid-century modern is your home choice then add decorations that share a similar feel!
12. Complement the look of your Christmas home with festive fragrances. Try Ambi Pur’s Winter Collection available in the great 3volution plug-in (£7.99 RRP for a primary unit). Ambi Pur 3volution combines three alternating but complementary perfumes that are released in a continuous cycle one after the other, every 45 minutes, so you always notice the fragrance. There are two seasonal scents to choose from, Winter Woodland and Winter Dream.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
• These Justin & Colin tips are unique to Ambi Pur and can only be used in conjunction with an Ambi Pur editorial mention
• Ambi Pur Winter Collection 3volution Plug-ins provide continuous fragrance for 90 days (if used on a minimum setting for 12 hours per day). Primary unit: £7.99 (RRP). Perfume Refill: £4.49 (RRP)
• Ambi Pur Winter Collection Scented Candles provide continuous fragrance for 25 to 35 hours. Both are set in frosted glass, Winter Woodland is a woody brown wax and Winter Dream is a creamy yellow wax, both £2.99 (RRP)
• Ambi Pur Winter Collection Electrical Perfume Plug-ins provide continuous fragrance for 80 days (if used on setting 2 for 12 hours per day). Primary unit: £3.99 (RRP). Perfume Refill: £3.49 (RRP)
• Winter Woodland is a warm and spicy fragrance inspired by memories of winter strolls through pine forests and cosy evenings spent at home in front of an open fire with loved ones.
• Winter Dream is a delicate and creamy fragrance inspired by those chilly winter evenings snuggled up on the sofa, the familiar aromas of freshly baked cakes and milky hot drinks.
• Available from all good supermarkets and independent retailers
Senior Account Executive
Ambi Pur Media Relations
The Bottom Line Consultancy
Tel: 01992 579990
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of The Bottom Line Consultancy Ltd in the following categories: Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.