ONEPOST, the UK’s leading source of postal advice and management today launches its own green initiative and commitment to the environment by backing the DM Industry’s environment drive.
Graham Cooper, MD comments “It is clear that the activities we are involved in here at ONEPOST in turn have consequences on our environment. Our green initiative is aimed at promoting the use of a range of data cleaning options to prevent wastage and encourage recycling by using effective messages on mailing packs.”
According to the latest figures from Defra direct marketing material accounts for approximately 550,000 tonnes of household waste. Achieving the industry’s increased target from 33% to 55% in recycling will make a significant difference in the future of the DM industry as five billion direct mail items continue to be delivered each year.
The ONEPOST green initiative hopes to reduce wastage and encourage recycling and over the next 12 months will:
- become ISO 14001 accredited
- improve its energy efficiency and reduce carbon emissions
- increase awareness amongst its stakeholders and users by taking a leadership role
- introduce suitable measuring systems which are regularly reviewed and actioned
- seek to work with 3rd party organisations who operate a similar green policy
- champion “best practice” by encouraging use of environmental statements and
re-cycling logos on all direct mail.
Graham Cooper concludes “We hope by launching our own green initiative we will encourage businesses to do the same and adopt best practice. It is simple things such as adding a recycling logo to your mailing or cleaning your database that can make all the difference.”
Notes to editors:
• For more information on the ONEPOST green initiative or a copy of the latest green newsletter please visit www.ONEPOST.co.uk
• For press enquiries please contact Tina Stanley, Tina Stanley & Associates, Tel/fax 01491 410250 email firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Tina Stanley & Associates in the following categories: Environment & Nature, Business & Finance, Travel, Media & Marketing, Retail & Fashion, Transport & Logistics, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.