A Hampshire granny who has dropped a dress size in just three months by hoola hooping is sharing the secrets of her weight loss success with thousands online. Beryl McAuliffe has become a star on yearofwellbeing.com with thousands of people nationwide logging on to read her latest wellbeing tips.
The website – which is underpinned by experts in wellbeing and produced in partnership with Alpro soya – offers a personalised programme of tips and advice to help you make small changes that will make a big difference. And Beryl is one of it is leading lights.
The grandmother-of-five, from Aldershot, shed half a stone and dropped to a size 12 after picking up a hoola hoop for the first time in 55 years in March this year, at her local gym. Since then she’s gone hoola hooping crazy and attributes her favourite new activity to losing four and a half inches from her stomach and two and a half inches from her waist! And this is just the beginning in Beryl’s quest to get back into her size 10 clothes.
Beryl, a retired local government auditor, says: “I had never had a problem with my weight until I hit 50 and then I shot up two dress sizes to a size 14. I tried everything – swimming, walking, line dancing and aqua-aerobics – but I’ve literally watched the pounds drop off while hoola hooping and it’s been particularly great to be able to share this incredible revelation with like-minded people throughout the UK on yearofwellbeing.com.”
Now Beryl has started a local hoola hooping group with other grannies in Aldershot and plans to use the Year of Wellbeing website to share her hoola hooping workout tips and progress through a series of blogs and podcasts.
Beryl’s motivation and commitment meant that she was chosen at the start of the year to be a Wellbeing Ambassador for 2008 – one of 100 people who have been selected to inspire others to improve their wellbeing. She will be involved in the Year of Wellbeing site’s future webchats and live events.
Louise Bird, from Year of Wellbeing sponsors Alpro soya, said: “Beryl has been an inspiration to our members and we just wanted to recognise her efforts to encourage others on the path to improved wellbeing. Improving wellbeing is all about taking small steps to make a difference and that’s where the experiences of people like Beryl can really help. Yearofwellbeing.com has a strong social network element as well as lots of information, advice and daily personalised tips.”
Beryl has a series of hoola hooping top tips, which include:
1) Make sure you have the right size hoola hoop. A child’s hoola hoop didn’t work for me. I invested in an adult hoop. The general rule is that a hoop should be between stomach and chest height.
2) Use a hoola hoop with massage balls on the inner hoop. This may leave you a little bruised at the beginning but they are great for burning off extra fat.
3) Leave the hoola hoop on the ground for a few minutes and practice your hip movements. Leave your feet firmly planted about shoulder width apart, circle your pelvis. This should give you the feel of it and warm you up before you begin.
4) Try to stand straight. This makes it easier to use the hoop and is great for posture.
5) Have fun with it! It’s a great garden activity so get your friends involved
6) And finally, as well as hoola hooping, a healthy balanced diet is key to weight loss and feeling great. A YOW inspired smoothie snack is great for keeping up energy levels - one banana, one Alpro soya vanilla dessert, some Alpro soya milk and a pinch of cinnamon all whizzed up in a blender!
To find out about Beryl’s progress and join the Year of Wellbeing programme go to www.yearofwellbeing.com.
- ENDS -
Note to editor:
The website, underpinned by scientific experts in wellbeing and produced in partnership with Alpro soya, offers a personalised programme of tips and advice to help you make small changes that will make a big difference. This includes an on-line community, webchats, podcasts and 100 Wellbeing Ambassadors. From health and nutrition advice to relationships, work and leisure activities, The Year of Wellbeing will help you to reassess your lifestyle and achieve a more balanced outlook. So register now to change your life and be a part of The Year of Wellbeing at www.yearofwellbeing.com
For further information contact:
Daniel Fossaceco/Sona Harris
Richmond Towers Communications
26 Fitzroy Square
London, W1T 6BT
Tel: 020 7388 7421
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Richmond Towers Communications (Chrome) in the following categories: Health, Women's Interest & Beauty, Environment & Nature, Sport, Retail & Fashion, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.