Author available for interviews
HELP THE NEXT GENERATION REALLY UNDERSTAND MONEY & MINIMISE DEBT - WITH CHILDREN’S BOOK – WILL JONES’ SPACE ADVENTURES & THE MONEY FORMULA – FROM THE MONEY PSYCHOLOGIST, PLUS TOP TIPS FOR CHRISTMAS SPENDING
November 2008/London – With increasing numbers of adults in debt, it’s now more important than ever before that the next generation is educated in money management and financial literacy according to the Money Psychologist and Teacher, Christine Thompson-Wells. Her new book, Will Jones’ Space Adventures & The Money Formula (available on www.planet-press.biz and www.amazon.co.uk, £7.95, November 2008, Planet Press), has been written to help make learning about money a fun adventure. With only 3% of coins and notes left in circulation, we are inching closer daily to a cashless society - children need all the money knowledge sensible parents can give NOW.
Ideal for parents, (grandparents too!) and schools who want to advance children’s money education from a young age (6+), Will Jones’ Space Adventures & The Money Formula book has colour illustrations to help children understand how Will Jones works with his money formula. The Will Jones’ series also offers additional materials available for teachers and parents including plays and resource packs.
Says Christine: “With Will Jones, children can learn through fun, exciting space adventures the magic ‘money formula’ that will stay with them throughout their life and teach them how to manage money.
“Today’s young adults and parents have grown up in a prosperous time. With the lack of money education in many schools over the past 20 odd years, many parents who are now facing difficulties just don’t know which way to turn. In an increasingly cashless society, today’s children who work with the Will Jones’ programme will be more equipped as adults to handle a debt or negative money flow than parents who have not gone through the programme.” Adds Christine.
The core strategy of Will Jones’ Space Adventures & The Money Formula is:
• Work with your child to understand the formula
• Enjoy the adventure of learning together
• Learn to work a money system
• Reinforce the value of paid work
• Reinforce the well-being to others by sharing
• Make plans for the future
• Speak of the advantages of saving some of your earned money
Will Jones’ Space Adventures & The Money Formula takes readers on a space adventure where a major inter-galactic war is avoided by dialogue being established with the King of Spectron and the Warring Grigan Leader who is about to invade the Planet of Spectron to rob it of its mineral and harvest and wealth. Instead of a war, the two leaders learn to work together for the benefit of both planets. Will’s Money Formula plays and integral role in the dialogue that takes place in the great chamber of the Palace of the Kingdom of Spectron!
The inspirational money journey of fun and adventure encourages children to learn the life-skill of managing and working with money to create a financially self-sustainable future.
This is the first book in the series of eight Will Jones Space Adventure stories to be released, covering young readers from six to teenagers. The Will Jones books follow the objectives of the National Curriculum within Financial Capability.
CHRISTINE'S TOP TIPS FOR TEACHING CHILDREN MONEY MANAGEMENT:
1. Work with your child to allow them to become financially self-sustainable in the future.
2. Answer their questions about financial situations honestly.
3. Make the debt situation a challenge – one that families can get through together.
4. Explain to children about making a Plan A; and once the Plan A is in place ask them, ‘What can we do to make a Plan B?’
5. Work every day on your plans eg: Have them stuck to the fridge and plot your progress.
6. By becoming a positive role model for money management, when children become adults, they will reflect on your actions and attitude to money and managing debt.
7. If we look at debt positively and manage it responsibly, we can all be winners. At the point of taking responsibility, we take control.
'The Money Psychologist's tips for Christmas spending:
• Christmas will be a tough financial time for families this year, it is so easy to say ‘Yes,’ to your child or children when they want you and to buy something that you can’t afford.
• A child will always sense worry, anxiety or stress that the parent/s are experiencing. If you have money worries, sit and talk with your child/children about your concerns. You don’t have to be graphic about the situation, but ask them to help you out over Christmas and reach an understanding beforehand.
• Explain that there is not the same amount of money for presents that there has been in the past and the reason why this is happening - you may have lost your job, bills have gone up etc. It is far easier to work with the situation when we are honest if children understand what is happening.
Stockists Information: Available on www.planet-press.biz www.amazon.co.uk
All publicity enquiries re Christine Thompson-Wells and Will Jones’ Space Adventures & The Money Formula –
to Sue Blake Media on 0208 979 5220, email@example.com
ISBN 978 0 9551 498-6 3, price £7.95
Christine is also author of the adult money management books, Making Cash Flow – a tool for financial empowerment and 39 Steps & 39 Days to Debt Recovery - a concept and a system for Managing Your Money
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Sue Blake Media in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Men's Interest, Entertainment & Arts, Health, Leisure & Hobbies, Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, Personal Finance, Education & Human Resources, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.