A Dozen Gift Ideas which have not Increased in Price
Cambridge. 25 November 2008. After many years, this will be the first Christmas in a recession. Almost 8 in 10 Britons responded that they are taking steps to make Christmas more affordable, according to research by Birmingham Midshires. The survey of more than 2,000 adults revealed the average Christmas spend will drop by £102. The costs of many important goods of daily life have increased in the current year, the inflation has reached new heights and families are tightening their belts. Not every wish will come true this year.
The recession is a good opportunity to re-think priorities in life
The sad news for children is that 14 per cent of parents will be giving their children smaller stockings this year. And Grandparents need to receive attention, too. The trend is to personalise gifts, self made presents, handicrafts, family entertainment, or a games evenings. Many families could be helped if they communicate the importance of unity at Christmas, setting a strict price limit for presents. Here a dozen gift ideas which have not gone up in price:
Photo calendars are a classic among the Christmas gifts – printed through a photo lab calendars look really professional. All photo calendars like the kitchen, table and wall calendars from FotoInsight are also good value! See a photo calendar test here.
- Families or couples with memories and photographs can preserve their stories in a real photo book. Photobooks are easy to design with free software and available from an economic photo booklet to a huge, XXL format book with up to 130 pages in great print quality. FotoInsight supplies impressive 360 dpi print quality on 250 gr/m2 paper.
- A select gift for people with space on a wall is a photo on canvas print. Canvas prints are particularly well suited for images post edited with effects or for digital art. Think big! FotoInsight offers photo canvas stretched over a wooden frame in sizes from 20 x 30 cm (12" x 8") to 60 x 80 cm, optionally with a floating Havana frame.
- Laminated posters in a Nielsen frame are well protected from humidity and UV-light. Using lamination instead of glass also avoids undesired reflections. The best photo of the family or the holidays will be enjoyed by generations to come.
- Fluffy moose with photograph
- Photo pillows
- Photo Money box (with panorama photo)
- Photograph laser engraved into a glass block photo frame
- Glass block pen holder with laser engraved image
- Jigsaw puzzles printed with a photograph are available in two sizes.
- Photo Greeting Cards with own photograph. Cards with several photos and text on all sides can be easily prepared with the free FotoInsight Designer software
- Picture Pairs games Remembory are fantastic family fun when playing to match any of 25 pairs of family pictures
Christmas 2008: “back to basics”
A suggestion for a relaxed celebration: Each participant draws a name card and will have to buy a present, a general maximum price will be set by the family (£20 cover many of the personalised gift ideas listed above). Each present gets a name label and everything will be put under the Christmas tree. Everyone participates somehow by e.g. in preparing dinner and the next morning everbody has a gift to unwrap. Limiting the flood of presents takes the Gift-Shopping-Marathon out of the festivities and the holidays can again become a season of togethernes.
Information about FotoInsight
FotoInsight Ltd was founded in 2003 in Cambridge and runs an easy to use digital photo processing service, offering an extensive array of award-winning photographic print and photo gifts as well as the photo books, photo poster, photo calendar and photos on canvas printing. Customers benefit from patented development processes and the experience of Europe’s largest independent photo lab with an installed capacity of 18 million prints per day. Photos ordered through http://fotoinsight.com are developed in one of 19 strategically located, state of the art photo labs, employing 3000 staff, with an output of over 3 billion prints per year.
Catalina Martinez, Head of International Communication
Cambridge, CB4 1ZP, UK
Tel. +44 8700 114911
Email: pr (at) fotoinsight.co.uk
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of IITM LLP in the following categories: Leisure & Hobbies, Women's Interest & Beauty, Retail & Fashion, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.