Latest version of QAD Enterprise Applications - QAD 2008.1 - featured at QAD explore
Enhanced Software Suite Delivers “Total Enterprise Capability” to Global Manufacturers
SORRENTO, Italy, 18 November 2008 – QAD, Inc.. (NASDAQ: QADI), a leading provider of enterprise software and services for global manufacturers, today announced the latest version of QAD Enterprise Applications — QAD 2008.1 — at its European regional customer conference being held this week. QAD has convened customers and partners from Europe, the Middle East and Africa for QAD Explore EMEA, in Sorrento, Italy.
QAD is continuing on its path toward delivering “total enterprise capability” to help meet customers’ ever-changing business requirements across all key levels, functions and geographies of their extended manufacturing organisation with QAD 2008.1. The QAD 2008.1 features QAD Enterprise Financials, an enhanced derivative of its existing Financials suite, with specific enhancements to address the requirements of global manufacturers.
“This updated version of QAD Enterprise Applications, with its combination of user efficiency, application flexibility and functional sophistication has been designed to better meet the dynamic business needs and industry requirements of today’s global manufacturers,” said Pamela Lopker, president and founder of QAD. “QAD 2008.1 is the most extensive release of QAD software to date, and another step toward achieving our vision of The Perfect Lean Market for global manufacturing.”
QAD’s long history of focus on human engineering has resulted in redefining the user experience so that QAD 2008 meets the expectations of a new generation of application users. The extensive release, which provides improved capabilities in financial management, customer management, manufacturing/distribution, supply chain management, service and support, also feature the following improvements:
• Ease of Use – QAD 2008.1 is easy to use, quick to implement, and intuitive for new users to learn. Flexible workflows and automation help make customers more proficient and faster than ever before.
• Global Solution – QAD 2008.1 provides a combination of software and services that can be implemented around the world.
• Adaptability – QAD 2008.1 meets the needs of companies of all sizes – from small or medium-sized companies to large multi-national corporations.
• Governance, Risk and Compliance – QAD 2008.1 makes it easier to be compliant with business and legal requirements by country and industry, including roles-based security that enables faster and more reliable reporting.
QAD 2008.1: Enhanced Functionality
QAD 2008.1 is designed to fully integrate global supply chains and streamline manufacturing operations, financials, customers, technology and business performances all in one enterprise suite. Features and functions of QAD 2008.1 include:
• QAD Enterprise Financials – Provides the ability to manage and control businesses at a local, regional and global level with solutions that enable customers to more efficiently meet accounting, legal, financial reporting and other critical business requirements.
• QAD Customer Management – Provides improved responsiveness through collaboration and management of customers and demand.
• QAD Manufacturing – Enables companies to reduce costs and increase throughput using the latest manufacturing scheduling techniques, including the capability to fully support Lean adoption.
• QAD Supply Chain – Includes modules that help improve the management of supply and suppliers through real-time collaboration.
• QAD Service and Support – Provides the capability for after-sale service and support of products—manages warranty tracking, services calls and returns and repairs.
• QAD Enterprise Asset Management – Manages the life cycle of capital assets from planning to installation, supports preventive maintenance and repair, and manages parts inventory cost-effectively.
• QAD Analytics – Helps companies analyse data to measure business performance in key areas.
• QAD Interoperability – Allows database portability and operating system flexibility, and works with QAD QXtend integration layer to enable access to all elements of QAD Enterprise Applications.
Embracing a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) platform, QAD 2008.1 is offered in three deployment methods: On Premise, a traditional license and delivery structure; On Demand, an application management services offering hosted by QAD; or On Appliance, with the software pre-loaded on a machine. Such deployment independence makes it easier to deploy and implement QAD 2008.1 across global supply chains; ensuring customers have complete communication and visibility into their overall business operations.
For more information about QAD Enterprise Applications , go to www.qad.com. For more information on Explore EMEA, visit www.qad.com/portal/site/exploreemea/.
QAD is a leading provider of enterprise applications for global manufacturing companies. QAD applications provide critical functionality for managing manufacturing resources and operations within and beyond the enterprise, enabling global manufacturers to collaborate with their customers, suppliers and partners to make and deliver the right product, at the right cost and at the right time. Manufacturers of automotive, consumer products, electronics, food and beverage, industrial and life science products use QAD applications at approximately 6,100 licensed sites in more than 90 countries and in as many as 27 languages. For more information about QAD, telephone +1 805 684 6614, visit the QAD Web site at www.qad.com, or join the QAD Community by visiting www.qad.com/community.
"QAD" is a registered trademark of QAD Inc. All other products or company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Note to Investors:
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements made under the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. A number of risks and uncertainties could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. These risks include, but are not limited to, evolving demand for the company's software products and products that operate with the company's products; the company's ability to sustain license and service demand; the company's ability to leverage changes in technology; the company's ability to sustain customer renewal rates at current levels; the publication of opinions by industry and financial analysts about the company, its products and technology; the reliability of estimates of transaction and integration costs and benefits; the entry of new competitors or new offerings by existing competitors and the associated announcement of new products and technological advances by them; delays in localizing the company's products for new or existing markets; the ability to recruit and retain key personnel; delays in sales as a result of lengthy sales cycles; changes in operating expenses, pricing, timing of new product releases, the method of product distribution or product mix; timely and effective integration of newly acquired businesses; general economic conditions; exchange rate fluctuations; and, the global political environment. In addition, revenue and earnings in the enterprise resource planning (ERP) software industry are subject to fluctuations. Software license revenue, in particular, is subject to variability with a significant proportion of revenue earned in the last month of each quarter. Given the high margins associated with license revenue, modest fluctuations can have a substantial impact on net income. Investors should not use any one quarter's results as a benchmark for future performance. For a more detailed description of the risk factors associated with the company and the industries in which it operates, please refer to the company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for fiscal 2008 ended January 31, 2008.
# # #
For further information or an interview please contact:
Tel: +44 (0) 7724 242 580
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of FleishmanHillard Fishburn in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.