Skip navigation
Skip navigation
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser.

AIIM has seen a significant increase in interest and enrolment on its internationally recognised Business Process Management (BPM) Certificate Training programmes.

AIIM has found that 56% of organisations have already implemented departmental, cross-departmental or enterprise-wide BPM projects. The remaining 44% of respondents have not yet begun a significant BPM project, but plan to do so in the coming year – a definite indication that there is a growing focus on process improvement.

When asked which area of the business was the focus of their implementation, the largest segment cited back-office operations as the primary project, followed closely by IT, Human Resources and Customer Service. In relation to the type of processes that are BPM-enabled, 37% cited a balance between transactional and document-centric processes while 31% said their focus was on transactional processes and another 20% focused specifically on document-centric processes. When asked, “Who is responsible for defining the business process rules and logic?” 54% said responsibility lies either with the individual process owner or line of business manager.

Respondents feel the lack of interchange standards between process modelling and execution tools remains an issue, whilst exception handling and interfaces follow close behind. If offered the option of using an Open Source solution, 52% would consider it. Those who said they wouldn’t, cite lack of support as the main reason.

The drive towards BPM is clear. More organisations are gaining a better understanding of BPM, are more capable of identifying areas where BPM will make significant improvements and appreciate the potential benefits it has to offer. Reflecting this growth in the BPM market, AIIM has seen a significant increase in interest and enrolment on its internationally recognised Business Process Management (BPM) Certificate Training programmes.

According to Bob Larrivee, AIIM Director and Industry Advisor, “The AIIM Market IQ report confirms that BPM has taken centre stage to meet the needs of most businesses, and that the establishment of BPM environments and practices continues to provide great benefits in relation to operational efficiency.” He continues, “Forty-five percent of respondents cited ‘lack of knowledge or training among internal staff’ as the biggest implementation issue after ‘underestimated process and organisational issues’. The AIIM BPM Certificate programme helps organisations learn how to structure, identify, map and improve business processes using best practice examples. Attendees who successfully complete these programmes earn the designation of BPM Practitioner in understanding the fundamentals and concepts of BPM, BPM Specialist in understanding the implementation process of a BPM project, and BPM Master for demonstrating an applied understanding of the concepts and process against an actual case study.”

Information about AIIM’s six Certificate Training Programmes can be found at www.aiim.org.uk/training.

For a copy of the AIIM Market IQ report Business Process Management (BPM): Leveraging Competencies and Streamlining Processes to Achieve Operational Excellence, email info@aiim.org.uk.

-ends-

AIIM is the international community that provides education, research, and best practices to help organisations find, control, and optimise their information. For over 60 years, AIIM has been the leading non-profit organization focused on helping users to understand the challenges associated with managing documents, content, records, and business processes. Today, AIIM is international in scope, independent, implementation-focused, and, as the representative of the entire enterprise content management (ECM) industry - including users, suppliers, and the channel - acts as the industry's intermediary. www.aiim.org.uk.

For further press information, please contact:

Nicola Cowburn
tel: 0118 973 6650
email: nicolacowburn@btopenworld.com

Doug Miles
AIIM Europe
tel: 01905 727600
email: doug.miles@aiim.org.uk

This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Nicola Cowburn Independent Marketing & PR in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.