A south coast radio station that used an 03 telephone number for its charity auction, has so far raised over £42,000 for disadvantaged children in the south.
The Wave 105 Cash for Kids Charity Auction invited radio listeners to bid on a variety of items, ranging from electronic gadgets to holidays, by calling an 03 number donated by Windsor Telecom.
Mike Ayling from Wave 105 said: “Our 03 number meant that our listeners who wanted to support the charity could call us for the same price as calling a normal landline – even from a mobile phone. It also meant that we could deal with lots more callers as we also had a system that automatically diverted calls to other members of staff if phone lines were busy.”
62% of the calls Wave 105 received to its auction line on December 4th were from mobile phones.
Neil Sherring, chief executive of Windsor Telecom said: “We were delighted to help Wave 105 with their charity auction. After working closely with them it became obvious that an 03 number would be the ideal solution for the station which receives a large proportion of its calls from mobile phone users. This reflects the latest research from the communications regulator, Ofcom which states that 40% of all UK calls made in 2007 were from mobile phones.”
03 numbers are becoming increasingly popular with many organisations.
Children in Need adopted an 03 number for its main donation line this year and the BBC, Metropolitan Police, Pioneer and Oxfam are now using the new numbers – which have been dubbed ‘caller friendly’ by Ofcom.
Three charities will each receive 10% of the money raised by Wave 105’s Cash for Kids Auction including:
• The Teenage Cancer Trust in Southampton
• The Elizabeth Foundation in Portsmouth
• The Round Table Children’s Wish in Bournemouth
The rest of the funds will provide grants to children and other charities across the south.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
For more information please contact Mark Guy, Marketing and PR officer at Windsor Telecom on 0333 123 2060 or visit www.windsor-telecom.co.uk/03-numbers.php
About 03 numbers:
• 03 numbers are non-geographic telephone numbers that were launched by Ofcom in 2007.
• The 03 number range is split into 3 segments:
- 0300 numbers are for charity and the public sector only.
- 0330 numbers are for any business or organisation
- 03 equivalent numbers, where an organisation already has an 08 number and wants to exchange it for the 03 equivalent.
• 03 numbers cost the same to call as standard 01 and 02 numbers.
• 03 numbers are included as part of the inclusive call minutes and discount schemes offered by mobile and landline providers
• Revenue sharing (where the dialled organisation receives a share of the cost of the call) is not possible with 03 numbers
• Like all memorable non-geographic numbers, 03 numbers allow organisations to smarten up the way they deal with calls with caller options, call queuing, call statistics, call divert etc.
• Windsor Telecom offers an extensive range of highly memorable 03 numbers.
About Windsor Telecom:
• Windsor Telecom is fast becoming the foremost authority on 03 numbers
• Windsor Telecom is the UK’s leading provider of memorable phone numbers and inbound call solutions.
• Windsor Telecom provide bespoke call plans and services which give customers incredible flexibility and control over their inbound calls, without any technical knowledge. Solutions will enhance productivity and sharpen competitiveness.
• Business XL magazine, an award winning magazine for growing companies, voted Windsor Telecom a ‘21st Century Business Star’ and ‘One of the best 50 companies in the UK today’.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Windsor Telecom in the following categories: Business & Finance, Media & Marketing, Public Sector, Third Sector & Legal, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.