there is no greater prestige than being recognised by your peers
With voting now closed for the travel industry’s most prestigious awards – The Globe Travel Awards, the results are being verified by an independent panel of adjudicators and will be announced at a glittering awards ceremony at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London’s prestigious Park Lane on Tuesday 27th January 2009.
The support given to The Globes by the headline sponsor Associated Newspapers and the fourteen sponsors is so important to the success of the awards. Associated Newspapers are not only The Globes partner, they also sponsor the eight consumer awards, voted for by readers of Associated Newspapers, whose titles include The Daily Mail, Mail on Sunday and The Evening Standard, along with many regional titles.
There are six new sponsors for the 2009 Globe Travel Awards –
• Attraction World, the UK’s leading theme park and attraction ticket specialist, supplying product to most of the UK’s leading travel agents and travel brands. Attraction World is committed to offering their customers the ultimate choice in attractions and experiences, from Disney to Dubai and Sea World to Sydney.
• Zoover are the Benelux’s largest independent travel review website, which has recently launched its European expansion programme in the UK. Zoover features more than 710,000 independent reviews of 150,000 accommodations worldwide.
• A previous winner of a Globe Travel Award for Best Recruitment Consultancy, C&M Travel Recruitment is the largest and most successful travel recruitment company in the UK, with offices in London, Gatwick and Manchester. They have an unrivalled knowledge of the travel industry and market; delivering an unparalleled level of service along with a reputation for making a genuine difference to the working lives of those around them.
• MSC Cruises welcomes you onboard to a wonderfully exclusive vacation in the best all-Italian style tradition. Their warm, Mediterranean hospitality will coax customers into relaxation and enjoyment; you will find yourself falling in love with this cruise experience, as thousands of guests have found, year after year. MSC Cruises believe it is people that make their cruises so successful and memorable. Their highly qualified staff are dedicated to providing you great service, and their well-known Italian hospitality and charm, makes a holiday onboard a MSC Cruise ship a truly memorable one.
• Tourism Australia is a statutory authority of the Australian Government, which promotes Australia as a tourism destination internationally and domestically and delivers research and forecasts for the sector. Established in 2004, Tourism Australia brings together the collective skills and knowledge of four separate organisations: the Australian Tourist Commission; See Australia; The Bureau of Tourism Research and Tourism Forecasting Council.
• Cheapflights.co.uk, launched in 1996 is the original on-line flight price search and comparison site. The first UK dot-com company to introduce pay per click in 2000, Cheapflights.co.uk, has always embraced innovation within the travel industry.
These companies join The Globes’ regular sponsors, who over the years have ensured that the Globes are the most celebrated awards within the Travel industry. Winning a Globe can really make a difference to your business as it’s the travel industries and the consumers way of saying – ‘this company is the best.‘
The companies who provide on going support and sponsorship to the Globes are –
• Journeys Travel Insurance is a leading provider to the UK travel industry with over 13 years experience and service. Journeys Travel Insurance has always been focused on its direction and has adhered to the philosophy of providing travel agents with easy to understand travel insurance at a competitive price. To complement this, service and training have always been paramount with high levels of service and training opportunities constantly being developed to help agents increase revenue.
• Dollar UK Car Hire offers a complete line of vehicles at competitive rates. Providing quality car hire at affordable prices, using their customer friendly website whether you are looking to hire a car in the UK, Europe, Dubai or North America, Dollar can provide you with the perfect solution to all your car hire needs.
• Travel Trust Association help travel entrepreneurs set up and grow their travel businesses. They provide advice and support on how to meet travel regulations and help for ATOL applications along with meeting package travel regulation, the available travel technology, how a travel company operates and the different options for entering the travel market. Travel Trust Association’s aim is to provide ways to enter the travel market quickly with very low start up costs.
• P&O Ferries offer ferry trips to European destinations at outstanding prices. Whether for business or pleasure, you will find excellent deals to France, Holland, Belgium and Spain. Sail from Dover, Portsmouth or Hull with P&O Ferries, and you can get to Calais, Rotterdam, Zeebrugge and Bilbao in comfort and with fantastic facilities. Shop at massively discounted prices, relax in the bar, eat luxurious meals, and depending on the route you take you can even visit the cinema and casino.
• Traveltek are the UK's premier company for Internet travel technology, providing the complete online solution for their customers large and small. With expertise in web-design, XML interfaces, dynamic packaging, data manipulation, CRM systems and more, they are sure to have the solution you're looking for at the price you want.
• The Holiday Team is part of the Southall Travel Group – one of the largest travel companies within the UK employing over 700 staff globally across the leisure, wholesaling and business travel sectors. During the previous year they distributed over £130m of products and supported the servicing and needs of over 255,000 individual travellers.
• Barbados Board of Tourism - The Island of Barbados is recognized around the world for its sheer natural beauty, the richness of its culture and above all the friendliness of its people. The Barbados Board of Tourism provide a resource to help visitors plan their Caribbean holiday so the experience is as full and rewarding as it can be.
• AVIS places tremendous emphasis on the UK travel trade. They are committed to delivering exceptional service and introducing innovative solutions to make Avis car hire even easier to book. Recent developments include – paperless vouchers, online training and home delivery.
• Staged annually in London under one roof, World Travel Market is a must attend, business-to-business exhibition. World Travel Market provides a unique opportunity for the whole global travel trade industry to meet, network, negotiate, conduct business and stay abreast with the latest developments in the travel industry.
Simon Ferguson, Publishing Director of TW Group, is delighted with the support the travel industry gives to the Globes. "The philosophy and commitment to the travel industry of our sponsors is in perfect synergy with The Globes. The Globes are the travel industry’s own awards voted for by the industry and readers of our partner Associated Newspapers – there is no greater prestige than being recognised by your peers and for the winners of the eight consumer awards by the holidaymaker themselves."
The most prestigious event in the travel industry’s calendar, The Globes, now in their 32nd year, recognise and reward the travel industries leading companies, innovations and services. The Globes take place at a glittering awards ceremony at the Grosvenor House Hotel on January 27th 2009, where the winners of the 40 individual Globe Travel Awards, the eight consumer awards, the Innovation in Travel Awards and the Outstanding Achievement Awards will be announced.
Sponsors of the Globe Travel Awards
Associated Newspapers - Partner and sponsor of the consumer awards
Tourism Australia - Drinks reception and after show entertainment
Journeys Travel Insurance - Short Haul Operators Sector
Dollar - Long Haul Operators Sector
MSC Cruises - Serving The Industry Sector
Travel Trust Associatio - On the Water Sector
P&O Ferries - Getting Around Sector
Traveltek - Going Away Sector
The Holiday Team - Flying Sector
Zoover - Staying Sector
Barbados Board of Tourism - Outstanding Achievement
Cheapflights.co.uk - Innovation in Travel
AVIS - Scratchcard
World Travel Market - Seating Plan
Attraction World - Wine Sponsor
C&M Travel Recruitment - After Show Piano Bar
For further information on the Globe Travel Awards please contact Alison Jameson or Annabel Craigie on 0131 621 7210, fax 0131 621 7215 or email; email@example.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of AJC93 in the following categories: Entertainment & Arts, Leisure & Hobbies, Women's Interest & Beauty, Environment & Nature, Travel, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.